08/14/23, 10:35 PM   #1
DestrockQc

An addon for modifying the "intro music"

Has someone made an addon for this ? Would it be even possible to modify/add musics from the login menu, before entering the game for real ?

I heard many good songs from bard NPCs and there are the combat songs and after 9 years, there are most probably a couple hidden music files in our game folder that we never hear (like the credit music etc.)

We could also "modify" the originals by starting them after x sec if we don't love their beginnings.
08/15/23, 04:51 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons

-> What addons cannot do

That's why those forum threads are "sticky" and ask you to "read them"

Unfortunately music cannot be changed at all.
All that addons can do is alter the settings menu ingame about the music of the DLC to be used, and there already exist jukebox addons for that.
Addon search -> "Jukebox" or "music"

Last edited by Baertram : 08/15/23 at 04:55 AM.
08/15/23, 11:36 PM   #3
DestrockQc

Ty for the answer.

I HAD not read this sticky
Change anything prior to or at the character selection screen, pre-ingame code, or at/during loading screens, or in the crown store/market
, but I had read this from the addon Votan's Advanced Settings (and it work) : https://imgur.com/a/3AHmoMx
08/16/23, 03:37 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, thats basically modifying the UserSettings.txt for settings which aren't shown ingame on vanilla UI already.
But it only applies to the video skip here, and cannot change any music or other sounds.

ESO disallows to use any external files, no textures, sounds, videos.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/16/23 at 03:53 AM.
08/16/23, 11:33 PM   #5
DestrockQc

Oh but I'm not talking about external files. Just the files already in our game folder. From a text file making the game load the xyz.mp3 it could instead load the abc.mp3 and this abc would be a bard song from a specific npc in game.
08/17/23, 12:32 AM   #6
Calamath
You need to understand that ESO add-ons are very limited, unlike Skyrim mods.

If you are not convinced by the conclusions reached by those more familiar with add-ons than you, you are free to use your own time to investigate whether add-ons can do that.
And perhaps you will notice that it is much easier to listen to your favorite music at any time by a portable music player or other external application rather than an add-on.

And well, a positive approach would be to gather supporters to petition ZOS to implement orchestrion feature.

If the orchestrion is introduced to ESO, it may be possible to change the music with an add-on.
Once you've worked hard and persistent enough on that plea and moved the ZOS developer's heart and ZOS finally implements orchestrion features other than music box furniture, I might consider doing something with my jukebox add-on. That is a long way off. Good luck.

- Calamath

Last edited by Calamath : 08/17/23 at 06:00 AM.
08/17/23, 08:26 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by DestrockQc View Post
Oh but I'm not talking about external files. Just the files already in our game folder. From a text file making the game load the xyz.mp3 it could instead load the abc.mp3 and this abc would be a bard song from a specific npc in game.
Yes, I understood that already at the first post

And the answer is still the same, unfortunately, quoting from the linked "what addons cannot do":
Change sounds of skills, weapons, armor, procs, pets, mounts, houses, music, NPCs and other non-UI related things
No matter if internal or external files. Addons cannot change that, point.

Addons are not mods and they do not change game's texture/music/sounds/whatever files. They only change the lua code files and xml code files used for the User Interface and the API!

So if you want to change game files you need to find another way (if this is even possible, I doubt it. At leats for your use case).
You'd have to extract original files, replace some music files and insert them to the game package files again -> And here I bet there will be Checksum calculations which cannot be matched anymore and the game refuses to run then, to obtain correctness and integritgy of the data.
Modifying text files for translations is all I saw so far that worked.

So Calamath is right here, best to do to circumvent this:
use an external music player (I always got good old Winamp running) and mute the ingame music

Last edited by Baertram : 08/17/23 at 08:29 AM.
08/18/23, 01:36 AM   #8
tim99

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Addons are not mods and they do not change game's texture/music/

i really wish they could. imagine dragons look like small torchbugs and percursor with g-cup size and skyrims whole weirdness arrives at eso. awesome

also baer sings:
https://gamerant.com/weirdest-skyrim...#bear-musician

Last edited by tim99 : 08/18/23 at 01:41 AM.
08/18/23, 11:44 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by tim99 View Post

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » An addon for modifying the "intro music"