07/22/14, 04:13 PM   #1
Solistis

(bug) Low FPS with Minion Installed

Just would like to let you know that I like the add on, but since the last patch on eso I had to uninstall because it was causing low fps during gameplay. the gamemaster i was working with said this was an issue with a few customers. Guess i'm one of the unlucky ones. ESO customer support has no idea why.
07/22/14, 04:33 PM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Uninstallings seems way over the top.
Just closing it should solved all the issues it might cause (by default it minimises to a tray icon).

About the only way it could cause FPS issues if somehow got stuck in a infinite loop, tying up the CPU (cores). Was there any significant processor activity while it was running?
Could it be you just had the issues for a short time while minion was doingthe bulk of it's work?
How certain was the administrator it really was minion (finding a single buggy programm as cause of a problem is about 50% trial and error - I know it, am Admin myself).
07/22/14, 09:44 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to clarify, Minion is not an addon. It is software to help you keep your addons up to date. You don't even need it running when you're not using it. (Though I'm not sure why it'd give you an FPS loss. Are you certain it was Minion that was causing it?)

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » (bug) Low FPS with Minion Installed