02/23/22, 09:26 AM   #1
peejaygee
Start WITHOUT Auto Update or change settings manually?

I'm holding off running Minion as it recently broke two addons (well, not minion, but the addon updated, it broke, I put the old files back, it was fine) but I have auto update turned on.

Is there a way to start Minion without Auto Update triggering, or manually change a setting hidden somewhere in the windows folders or %appdata%?

Thanks for your time.
Regards
PJ.
02/23/22, 10:51 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, use the Minion ptions menu to change that?
Minion UI, options tab.
or Minion UI, top right "gear" icon
02/23/22, 10:52 AM   #3
peejaygee
I know how to stop the auto update in the app, the problem I have with having a fast machine and fast internet, the addons have updated before I even get chance to change the settings.
02/23/22, 12:05 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well that info would hat helped from the start

Search the file Minion.xml, it should contain the settings. Not sure what the exact name is of that setting but I bet it got to do with auto and/or update and is a 0 or false, or 1 or true setting which currently is 1 of true and needs to be changed to 0 or false then.

But why not simply starting Minion once, let it update and change the setting then in the UI? You are always able to see the least 200 addons updated at this website here easily so you always know what updated today! And you'd be able to revert these one time automatic update that way.
02/23/22, 12:22 PM   #5
peejaygee
Thanks.

All fixed now.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Start WITHOUT Auto Update or change settings manually?