03/09/21, 06:34 AM   #1
Duir
Request: Mount Stamina Bar [SOLVED]

I would like to request a (hopefully) simple add-on that shows the mount stamina bar when mounted and can be moved.

I know Bandit's UI and LUI offer this if you use their unit frames elements but the one in Bandits does not work for me for no apparent reason* (have run it as only addon installed with empty SavedVars folder and nothing) and while the one in LUI works I prefer the layout of the HP/Magicka/Stamina bars in Bandit's over the stacked layout in LUI.

If this is doable and someone is willing to put something together it would be appreciated.

*if interested you can see my post that is on this page (at the time of posting this) for more info.

Last edited by Duir : 03/13/21 at 07:40 AM.
03/09/21, 01:25 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could try if the addon Azurah is able to move the bar but I guess it will be "connected" to the other attribut bars and can only be moved with them.
03/09/21, 08:54 PM   #3
Duir
The ability to move it is something I'm looking for in any resulting created addon, not something I need from any current solution. My ideal setup (short of Bandit's one working) is to use Bandit's attribute bars but have a working mount stamina bar that I can move near the attribute bars.

In fact, if it needs to be like the current iterations and track xp normally and switch to mount stamina when mounted - as long as it works, I'm okay with that.
03/10/21, 02:07 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As I said, try if Azurah is able to move the "normal standard vanilla UI mount stamina bar"

It got a settings to unlock ALL UI elements and move them, so maybe it is able to move this for you (just disable all other settings you do not need) + you can use whatever other addon beside, like the name bandit one.

If you did try this already I couldn't read it from your post. But new addons are not necessary if existing ones already can help. At least try.
03/10/21, 02:52 AM   #5
Duir
I can look into it after the maintenance. My question is, wouldn't that give me 2 sets of resource bars? The default with Azurah to have a working mount stamina bar and then the ones I want to use with Bandits? Or is there a way in Azurah to only have the default stamina bar (not all 3 resources) showing and use that to track mount stamina with bandits showing all 3?
03/10/21, 04:08 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, but isn't Bandits able to hide the default bars? I do not know the bandit addons.
Maybe it hides the mount stamina bar as well, which would be the problem then.

I'd guess: Best thing to do is ask at the Bandits addon, if you want to use his addon, to add the stamina mount bar the way you want it to have then.

Any new addon would have the same problem as Azurah: If Bandits hides the vanilla UI and shows it's own, it will do the same for every other/new created addon. Soa t best Bandits should fix/change this,a s this is the ressource you want to use.
03/10/21, 06:13 AM   #7
Duir
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'd guess: Best thing to do is ask at the Bandits addon, if you want to use his addon, to add the stamina mount bar the way you want it to have then.
I tried, and since it works as intended for the author nothing can/will be done.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Any new addon would have the same problem as Azurah: If Bandits hides the vanilla UI and shows it's own, it will do the same for every other/new created addon. Soa t best Bandits should fix/change this,a s this is the ressource you want to use.
I've been using LUI's unit frames since their implementation of the exact same thing actually works, but like I said I prefer the appearance of the of Bandits over LUI. One thing I've noticed is I can have both bandit's resource bars and LUI's resource bars displaying at the same time, so I'd assume there's a way for an addon made to track mount stamina not get treated as the default resource bars and be hidden.
03/11/21, 12:31 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yeah, each addon can check for existing controls and hide/show them. But you need to code it somewhere, either in bandit's addon then, or in any other.
That's why I said at best bandits would add this to his code (hide vanilla UI mount bar -> and add it's own / or change the look of the vanilla UI bar to bandit's look-a-like).

And my guess was that bandit's is hiding the vanilla bar already. If tis is not the case other addons like LUI or even the vanilla UI works well.
But if bandit's would hide the vanilla stamina mount bar it would also do this if any other addon was created to alter the look of that bar
So you'd need to either change bandit's code to not hide it OR tell the new addon to unhide it again after bandit has hidden it (which would obviously be a bad implenetation then... "fix the fix and loose performance" ).
03/12/21, 01:50 AM   #9
Duir
Bandit's does hide the default resource bars but, as I said it above, I've had Bandit's and LUI's bars at the same time, so it does not hide resource bars from other addons. As such, it seems there would/should be a way to make it work.

03/12/21, 07:14 PM   #10
ArtOfShred

Might be helpful to you:
In case you didn't know you can also set LUIE's frames to be horizontal like the default frames/BUI.

Change the top setting here to "Separated Horizontal Frames."

You can adjust spacing in the menu options as well.

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 03/12/21 at 07:17 PM.
03/13/21, 07:07 AM   #11
Duir
Originally Posted by ArtOfShred View Post
Might be helpful to you:
In case you didn't know you can also set LUIE's frames to be horizontal like the default frames/BUI....
OMG I thought I went through all the settings, but I completely missed that one. These options are everything I need. Thank you so much for pointing this out.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Mount Stamina Bar