07/28/20, 02:54 PM   #1
Snottykitty
Question All AddOns not detected, not using Minion

I do not use the Minion app. I recently bought a new computer and after installing ESO and copying all my addons into the ...Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns, only a few of the addons are being detected by the game. I use OneDrive, so that is where my Documents folder is, but that has never been a problem as the game automatically detects where the Documents folder is. I have my OneDrive located on the system drive, but the game itself it installed on the D:/Data drive. Could that be the issue? Also, I play the game through Steam but as I said, there has been no issue before on my previous computer, even when I moved my OneDrive from one HD to another. There must be a file/files somewhere that I have failed to copy into the correct place, so I am looking for a pointer in the right direction. Is there some other place that the game keeps a list of AddOns to be loaded? Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
07/28/20, 05:12 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The idea it worked before is never a way to assess a situation. There are no missing files that have to be copied. With a fresh install for someone without OneDrive there are zero files that users manually copy or configure to make things work. There is simply nothing magic about this process.

I can't give a good answer. I work on many projects for Bethesda but I'm new to ESO. My varied background has just given me a lot of general knowledge about many things.

Cloud services like OneDrive can be fine but users with some of the Bethesda projects report simple errors that are caused by how the cloud service works. Symbolic and hard links can also pose a problem.

Simply put, disable or uninstall OneDrive and make sure it is not managing your MyDocuments folder. You may need to manually delete the Addons folder and then let windows make a new folder. Copy your mods and then go to the ESOUI site and one by one check for newer versions.

If you do not use Minion I suggest it. If you can not resolve this without it then you need to make the effort to get Minion working without OneDrive installed or enabled. Then once you have Minion open simply right click each mod and choose reinstall.

See how far you can get.
07/29/20, 12:54 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With OneDrive being mentioned and known as "non working with ESO" you should be simply able to find instructions in the official ESO forums as well.
Short answer like Sharlikran already provided: Move your documents folder away from OneDrive, or at least the ESO folders for the addons (not sure if splitting the documents folder up works with Windows though).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » All AddOns not detected, not using Minion