Quantcast
ZO_TooltipStyledObject - ESOUI
03/29/21, 12:20 PM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZO_TooltipStyledObject

How does one change the font for a ToolTip?

I have been fiddeling with different unofficial localizations and the Korean Addon doesn't seem to be doing something correctly. I have fixed several bugs with it. If you need all the files then download the entire version from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2334-EsoKR.html. I have attached the changes I have made.

It fixes the error
Avoiding anchor cycle from [ESOMRL_MainFrameIngredientsFrameIBbutton171329] to
[ESOMRL_MainFrameIngredientsFrameIBbutton171329]
I also revised how it sets the fonts using LibMediaProvider.

You will need LibQuestData 2.10 to have the proper files for Korean quest names in KR. Not KB or TR.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EsoKR_v913.zip (13.43 MB, 23 views)

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/29/21 at 06:43 PM.
03/29/21, 05:09 PM   #2
Sharlikran

The solution to my issue was to install the font from the mod named `univers57.otf` and then when I was in Notepad++ I chose Setting -> Style Configurator -> Global Styles -> Default Style and chose the `Univers LT Std 57 Cn` and then the characters appeared in Korean properly in Notepad++. I used my in game helper tool (in Lua) to gather the quest names and save that to the saved vars file. I copied and pasted that into the language files.

Then I quit out of ESO, and loaded the game again and now things seem to display correctly.

I also feel like I was loosing the encoding. I used a website to sort the lines by numerical value. Come to find out in Notepad++ Under Line Operations is an option to Sort Lines as Integers. The way I have the text formatted (RegEx) allows Notepad++ to sort by the numbers, and then RegEx the lines into a table format again and I don't loose any encoding.

Now it seems to display properly in game. That was driving me crazy!

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/29/21 at 05:16 PM.
05/15/21, 09:34 PM   #3
worldwideweirdo
thank you

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
How does one change the font for a ToolTip?

I have been fiddeling with different unofficial localizations and the Korean Addon doesn't seem to be doing something correctly. I have fixed several bugs with it. If you need all the files then download the entire version from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2334-EsoKR.html. I have attached the changes I have made.

It fixes the error

I also revised how it sets the fonts using LibMediaProvider.

You will need LibQuestData 2.10 to have the proper files for Korean quest names in KR. Not KB or TR.

We have an website where volunteers translate the game texts to korean, and we allow users to update the translated texts to their addon by running a batch script we provide.

The website's operator will thankfully take your advice and apply the change you've made to the addon and to the batch script.

* The translation website: http://netadm83.iptime.org:65532/eso...teListDone.php
* The bat script: http://netadm83.iptime.org:65532/eso..._AutoPatch.zip

We sincerely appreciate your help and hope you test and inform more on the addon.

Thanks.
05/15/21, 10:29 PM   #4
Sharlikran

To be honest though I need other volunteers to translate more of the mods I maintain. Especially Master Merchant.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ZO_TooltipStyledObject