03/04/14, 04:03 PM   #1
Halrloprillalar
Exclamation Trade Guilds

Because automated trade is currently only IN GUILD (guild store while having ownership of a resource node in cyrodill, only at 50+ members), I would suggest that we create one or few LARGE crafting guilds (for example, profession specific) in each Alliance

Thus, I would say "I am starting an Enchanting AD Guild" and call it exactly that. The only requirement is that you are not a troll, mature, and not a scammer. People can then exchange recipes, mats, tips etc. either through gchat or by trading in the store. Since you can be a member of up to five guilds, you can have several shopping options at your disposal.

I feel like this is much simpler than trying to shop for specific things among the stores of a million little guilds. It would be the closest to a real 'Auction House' you can get (unless they do finally implement one).

Discuss.
03/13/14, 06:01 PM   #2
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Halrloprillalar View Post
Because automated trade is currently only IN GUILD (guild store while having ownership of a resource node in cyrodill, only at 50+ members), I would suggest that we create one or few LARGE crafting guilds (for example, profession specific) in each Alliance

Thus, I would say "I am starting an Enchanting AD Guild" and call it exactly that.
Guilds are account-based and can be cross faction (as far as I know). Thus, it makes little sense to restrict or differentiate it by faction because all new characters on that account would be in the wrong guild if they either changed faction or didn't have those same craft skills.

You might do an enchanting or woodworking or whatever guild, but better might just be a single Resources or Crafters guild.

Edit: there has been no official word on maximum sizes of guilds. In fact, in response to my inquiry, I received an official "No official word" statement.

So, if guilds are limited to, say, 1000 players it would make sense to have individual crafting guilds, but that will still be difficult in practice since people will join in order to buy end products, too. There's a pretty good chance that it simply will not work, depending on how big guilds can be.

Last edited by Vuelhering : 03/13/14 at 09:45 PM.
03/18/14, 04:45 PM   #3
zalrenic
If there is no official word, why have we been hearing the figure 300 for some time, and also have been hearing about an increasse to 500 for guild caps?

http://www.elderscrollsforum.com/for...ease/post/last
03/22/14, 06:24 PM   #4
Vuelhering
Originally Posted by zalrenic View Post
If there is no official word, why have we been hearing the figure 300 for some time, and also have been hearing about an increasse to 500 for guild caps?

http://www.elderscrollsforum.com/for...ease/post/last
It's officially 500, announced on a reddit AMA devchat. There was no official number before then; everything would've been speculation or based on the betatest.

That devchat was several days after I received an official answer of "no official number".

500 is now the new "official" answer.

edit: what that means is there's no way to make a big trade or craft union, unless you really limit it, and faction limits won't be enough. With thousands and thousands of people playing (maybe even 1M?) and many of them exploring crafting, a 500 limit wouldn't even handle a small percentage.

Last edited by Vuelhering : 03/22/14 at 06:33 PM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Guilds » Trade Guilds