08/03/21, 08:44 PM   #1
neomvll
Hitbox marker on the floor

Hi all,
Well, the enemies hitbox for the AOE ground skills is crazy.
So, Is there way to do an "aoe target" exactly below the enemy hitbox? Precisely on the floor.

This addon/feature can be very useful to place the daedric tombs, scalding rune etc.
Something like the "infallible aether" set marker could be work.
This mark could appear when I tab target the enemy.

Thanks in advance
08/04/21, 03:33 AM   #2
Psiioniic
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,
I don't know such an addon,
placing markers on the floor in dungeons/trials is difficult but possbible, but there is no way of getting enemy positions in the world, so it could only work for static enemies.
Using an effect as marker like for the infallible aether set is also not possible.
08/04/21, 03:47 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Addons are not able to get the positions of NPCs or non-grouped players and there also is no GetHitbox API or similar.
In addition addons cannot use non-UI effects like the skills provide or set procs, and addons cannot chnage the enemy selection surrounding.
They just can add controls like a texture to the world. But without any position info this is useless and it also would be very performance hungy to set, get position, update, repeat.
We can add 3d markers to the world like HarvestMap and others do but this again is restricted to overland and does not work within dungeons.
08/04/21, 08:30 AM   #4
neomvll
I understood.
So, ZOS never fix the "AOE ground skills" X Hitbox(like sunspire dragons) and they dont let we fix this by addon , I'll keep training my aim....forever LOL

Ty so much guys
08/04/21, 10:15 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I use the TAB key to select the enemy and then the hitbox normally is centered below that one. No sure what hitboxes do not match and how you are able to detect this? But if you got a possibility use /bug ingame and tell it ZOs.
08/04/21, 11:17 AM   #6
neomvll
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I use the TAB key to select the enemy and then the hitbox normally is centered below that one. No sure what hitboxes do not match and how you are able to detect this? But if you got a possibility use /bug ingame and tell it ZOs.
Try this: hit the dragons from sunspire/elsweyr or nAS boss's(Saint Olms the Just) with daedric mines from sorc and you'll see what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/NaNxnbuiti0?t=287

Sometimes the big dragon is walking over the mines and they are not activated. Looks like a big hitbox issue.
08/04/21, 02:40 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Interesting.
Seems that only some of the mines get activated and after that they won't get activated anymore by the same target (he learned he stepped on something^^).
08/05/21, 02:05 AM   #8
nogetrandom
I think that as long as the dragon doesn't walk around, the game is thinking that since one mine exploded and there is no enemy movement where they are placed, then the enemy is standing where the first mine was triggered and the rest will be idle until there's movement.

I'm pretty sure this is related to the change that was implemented a while back, around the time Blood for Blood and Thrassians were new. Back then a guy posted a parse from the pts where he used mines as a spammable cause they all exploded on the dummy at the same time. This was changed with the first pts update after that.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Hitbox marker on the floor