rp12439_3
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon after update no longer in minion

hi there

after the today update of my addon (crafty) it is no longer found in minion

does this happen?

update: my local minion isnt detecting it either.. the game itself does
update: my local minion cant find it because its not in minion
DEBUG 2021-06-22 21:03:27,680 [Thread-81] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\email\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\Crafty\Crafty.txt
DEBUG 2021-06-22 21:03:27,686 [Thread-81] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(354): Crafty - TOC Version: 1.3b
DEBUG 2021-06-22 21:03:27,688 [Thread-81] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:detectAddOn(268): No addons match Crafty

What is now happening the people who installed it? Will it be removed there too?

Last edited by rp12439_3 : 06/22/21 at 01:32 PM.
06/22/21, 01:54 PM   #2
Sharlikran

1) This is a Minion download so you can't make the zip the way you did, it has to have it's own folder. See my example attached file. It needs to be in a folder with the name of the txt file. So just Crafty. Not Crafty Something - And the Rest of The Really Long Name. Just "Crafty" because it has to match the .txt file.
2) You don't need to have a long mod name. You can, do what you want but for me "CRAFTY Stocklist" is sufficient. Which you can change and it won't effect anything.
3) The Manifest specs don't say anything about letters but I don't think that is the issue. However, if it's a beta or alpha just say so on the description page. There isn't any de-facto standard that says you need a b if it's a work in progress.

TLDR Do what you want, look at the example Zip it has to be in a folder named Crafty that matches the txt file.

Minion just extracts the file and preserves the folder, nothing fancy so make sure you always preserve the folder when you make the zip to upload to ESOUI.

Also the files from the first two downloads will be in the users Addons folder (in the root of Addons) as loose files and they could clean that up. Might be a good idea.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Crafty_v133.zip (11.6 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/22/21 at 02:01 PM.
06/22/21, 01:57 PM   #3
rp12439_3
Hi and thanks,

the zip name was not mine. The Upload changed it.

I have now made a zip of the folder and not of the files. I was to fast so my folder does not include the version its just crafty.zip with Crafty as folder. Hope it works.
06/22/21, 02:04 PM   #4
rp12439_3
I apologize its just my second update of my first addon. The first time it was working but I did zip the folder at this time. That was my mistake.

Sorry again, hopefully it will now show up in minion.
06/22/21, 02:35 PM   #5
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by rp12439_3 View Post

the zip name was not mine. The Upload changed it.
Not talking about that name. The folder name. So the zip name I gave it was of my choosing. You can do it how you want. I added the version number because I just do it that way.

So if the zip is named 1624390766-Crafty by the site or Crafty_v133 by you don't matter. The folder inside the zip is what matters.

I have now made a zip of the folder and not of the files.
Yep that seems better. But now you have .project, .buildpath, and .settings which won't hurt anything but would look better if it wasn't there.
06/22/21, 02:39 PM   #6
rp12439_3
you are right I accidently didnt delete my eclipse project files. I will remove them with the next version update. I am too old for such exciting things

I appreciate your help!
06/22/21, 02:50 PM   #7
Sharlikran

you are right I accidently didnt delete my eclipse project files. I will remove them with the next version update. I am too old for such exciting things

I appreciate your help!
it's not you, I'm just being nit picky.

On that note, the site chose 1624390766-Crafty.zip because the previous one was named Crafty.zip. So if you always upload a file named Crafty.zip then for the site to make it unique it has to add something to it. You can let it do that or you can name it something different each time.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/22/21 at 03:19 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addon after update no longer in minion