07/10/14, 07:00 AM   #1
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PTS 1.3.0 API changes (100007 to 100008 diff)

Inspired by Garkin's research on PTS server I decided to make this diff (similar to my last diff)

The following data is produced by comparing API 100007 and 100008 global variables
  • New Functions:
    Warning: Spoiler
  • Removed Functions:
  • No changes in protected functions.
  • New Constants:
  • Removed Constants:
  • New Tables:
  • Removed Tables:
  • New Userdata:
  • Removed Userdata:
07/10/14, 09:27 AM   #2
zgrssd
Nice. First signs of the build in Voice function (that I always knew would be comming):
VOICE_CHANNEL_ALL
VOICE_CHANNEL_AREA
VOICE_CHANNEL_GROUP
VOICE_CHANNEL_GUILD
VOICE_CHANNEL_NONE

After the recent updage of the Guild Store this was the last element that was truly missing for the console launch.
07/10/14, 11:08 AM   #3
Randactyl
Looks like native controller support is coming too with all of the new gamepad events
07/10/14, 11:09 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks Harven!
07/10/14, 02:13 PM   #5
farangkao

Nice,
thanks to the list i've made my Addon run in 1minute.

Only change so far i had to do ,is replacing GetBagInfo Function

Lua Code:
  1. -- v1.2
  2. --local bagIcon, bagSlots=GetBagInfo(BAG_GUILDBANK)
  3. -- v1.3
  4. local bagSlots = GetBagSize(BAG_GUILDBANK)
07/10/14, 03:45 PM   #6
katkat42
I like the looks of the functions named "GetItemLink*". Looks like they're trying to make up for breaking item link parsing? I hope.
07/10/14, 04:53 PM   #7
Harven

Hey,
Dolby, you are wolcome

There are some nice work-in-progress scenes for gamepads:

Code:
/script SCENE_MANAGER:Show("playerMenu")
Then navigate with mouse wheel and check out Inventory and Skills.
07/10/14, 05:00 PM   #8
Garkin

Originally Posted by Harven View Post
Hey,
Dolby, you are wolcome

There are some nice work-in-progress scenes for gamepads:

Code:
/script SCENE_MANAGER:Show("playerMenu")
Then navigate with mouse wheel and check out Inventory and Skills.
A few screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/5u2Zi

By the way, screenshots are now saved in PNG instead of BMP.
07/10/14, 05:06 PM   #9
Harven

Originally Posted by Garkin
That's is really nice, it will save my ssd drive space (my screenshots folder size: 1*323*299*409 bytes)

btw. Garkin, Dye scene is not hidden anymore, just need to find dye station.

Last edited by Harven : 07/10/14 at 05:09 PM.
07/10/14, 07:40 PM   #10
SkOODaT

GetShortAllianceName() Removed :S Why LMFAO another useless removal and an extremely useful function as faction names are long i can see they added a bunch of gamepad stuff also and again why LOL they need to fix stuff first, thier just pushin along

Last edited by SkOODaT : 07/10/14 at 07:43 PM.
07/11/14, 10:03 AM   #11
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Tierney11290 View Post
Good to see they are adding native gamepad support, but that means all of the work I put into my addon was useless! Unless of course they have awful controls, which based on what I've seen, they aren't looking promising
I would considers it very good if thier changes would make one of my works unessesary.
It means I get the functionality I always wanted. Without having any of the work associated with making and maintaining the code

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
A few screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/5u2Zi

That is really nice. No more working with gimp to reformat teh screenshoots.
Also the way HHD's are right now compression like this can actually improove write speed at acceptable CPU cost. I recently enabeled compressin on a USB stick, simply because the compressed files don't need nearly as much reading time as the uncompressed ones.
07/11/14, 12:02 PM   #12
merlight
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Damn! They were originaly saved as PNG with OpenGL, then they changed it to BMP; which worked better for me, because although larger, BMPs saved faster, and I shrinked them later with ImageMagick.

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Also the way HHD's are right now compression like this can actually improove write speed at acceptable CPU cost.
My experience is the exact opposite. On my laptop it's faster to just dump 8MB BMP, than to compress and write 2-3MB PNG. If the compression ran in a separate thread and didn't choke the game, I wouldn't care, but...
07/11/14, 01:56 PM   #13
farangkao

By the way, is it just me, or it seems they didn't fix yet the GetDisplayName() Bug yet in 1.3.0

Which in my opinion might be a good sign. That they realize that now all SavedVars are saved under "" and will lose their data if they just fix the function without further precautions.
07/11/14, 02:05 PM   #14
Khaibit

Originally Posted by farangkao View Post
By the way, is it just me, or it seems they didn't fix yet the GetDisplayName() Bug yet in 1.3.0

Which in my opinion might be a good sign. That they realize that now all SavedVars are saved under "" and will lose their data if they just fix the function without further precautions.
I'm fortunate in that my addon is useless if someone isn't in at least one guild anyway, so I have that workaround - but it would definitely be nice if they introduced a new, different function that did work (but wasn't used by the SavedVars routines so that part didn't change) for those addon authors who need the account name in a reliable way for one reason or another
07/11/14, 02:31 PM   #15
zgrssd
Originally Posted by farangkao View Post

If fixed the Function to give the proper name again.
I can break it just as easily to return "".

Besides, people figured out that the "saved var" is really just a global variable that get's written back/loaded automatically. We can write to it without the SavedVar accessor object.
07/11/14, 03:14 PM   #16
farangkao

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Besides, people figured out that the "saved var" is really just a global variable that get's written back/loaded automatically. We can write to it without the SavedVar accessor object.
Yeah definitely need to test that out (will be helpful for supporting Multiple Accounts ,once the Function is working again).

While Addon Authors might take their own precautions or using your Workaround before the next big Patch, many Addons won't be updated and many Users won't do the precautions

So it would be really helpful if ZOS is doing some own "damage control"
07/11/14, 08:02 PM   #17
Halja

Fyi for those providing localizations, check features/string lists are consistent between languages that your add-on leverages. I discovered ZOS forgot to add ten of the new emotes to the German client mode in the current PTS version so far.
07/12/14, 03:56 AM   #18
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I like the idea of the GetItemUniqueID function but I cannot see a function or set of functions to gain access to other data if you have the UniqueID stored for an item. That would save a lot of saved variable space if you only needed to record the uniqueID and the addon was able to extract what is needed from it.

eg:
Save UniqueID

Load UniqueID
Display LinkFromUniqueID(UniqueID)
Display NameFromUniqueID(UniqueID)
ItemInfo = GetItemInfoFromUniqueID(UniqueID) [table data]

edit: Although, another look shows that GetItemLink.... functions will be there, so technically just storing the link should be enough.

Last edited by Xrystal : 07/12/14 at 04:28 AM.
07/16/14, 08:11 PM   #19
Khaibit

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

edit: Although, another look shows that GetItemLink.... functions will be there, so technically just storing the link should be enough.
I'm hoping that those functions (likely just being table lookups) will be relatively lightweight in terms of performance hit. I'm trying to decide whether to pull the name once the first time my addon sees an item in the guild store sales history and store it, or perform that lookup each time I need to compare against the name, and both approaches have their appeal (the former saves functions calls and should be quicker, but the latter doesn't run into potential localization bugs).
07/17/14, 03:04 AM   #20
zgrssd
There are now some official notes on those changes:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...nge-log-pts/p1
Inlcuding a verification that they are working on gamepad (nothing official on Voice Support however).

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I like the idea of the GetItemUniqueID function but I cannot see a function or set of functions to gain access to other data if you have the UniqueID stored for an item. That would save a lot of saved variable space if you only needed to record the uniqueID and the addon was able to extract what is needed from it.
I would guess it is only there for "Is Equal" matches. The 64-bit width implies it is a hash value, not really a unique DB ID.

Returns a 64 bit value that uniquely identifies that particular item. To compare these 64 bit values use AreId64sEqual or CompareId64s. Relational operators are not guaranteed to work in all cases.
I asume AreId64sEqual does som additional checks. The logic most be more complex then A ~= B, if they write an extra function for it.

I doubt they can give us thier internal DB's unique ID. That one might change during refactoring steps and other stuff that fall under "regular maintenance".

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » PTS 1.3.0 API changes (100007 to 100008 diff)