08/10/23, 05:30 AM   #1
Nyghtraven
Unable to Get Minion to find addon folder

A few months ago I had to replace the hard drive on my laptop. And since then, I've been unable to get minion to work.

I've tried to install the updated version of it, but when I try to get it to find the addon folder, nothing happens. I select where my addon folder for ESO is, but it just sits there.

I also tried to see if I could completely remove Minion, but it seems there are some folders of it that I can't get deleted off my laptop, and that may be why it isn't really getting a clean install, but I'm unsure of how to fix that.

My laptop is running Windows 11. and up until having to replace the hard drive and start over from scratch, I've never had any issues with minion, which is why this time is so frustrating. So any help or suggestions would be welcome.
08/10/23, 08:12 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Moved to the correct subforum "Minion".

Repeating myself the 1000 time
You will find similar threads with similar problems in here so please READ them, maybe your problem is the same as described in any of them.
use the forum search to search in the Minion subforum e.g. and use keywords like "folder" and/or "found" or similar describing your problem.

Please read the sticky posts, especially the troubleshooting guide, as most answers and things to do are provided there:

If you still got problems please follow the "how to report bugs -> post xml and log files" thread.
Thank you

According to your description I bet something blocks Minion from properly working.
Uninstall all version of Minion you got. Try 32bit version, and install to another folder, not the default folder.
Explicitly allow that folder access, and Minion.exe, to work in your AntiVirus + Firewall.
And disable OneDrive as it blocks access to your users folder if you have enabled "users/documents" to be synched by OneDrive!

Last edited by Baertram : 08/10/23 at 08:16 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Unable to Get Minion to find addon folder