01/27/16, 04:44 AM   #1
coolmodi
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SetCVar language partially stuck in french?

Hey,

while developing I often switched language with /script SetCVar("language.2","??"), and I guess that somehow messed up something because addons with localization support are now in french, also the bind on equip warning is french, everything else seems to be correctly in english as it should.

I tried setting language back and forth multiple times now and also tried deleteing user settings to no avail. What else could I do? This gets really frustrating

Don't want to install the game again completely, but the error seems to not be located in the documents folder.
01/27/16, 05:34 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

I think some addons save their own language in the saved vars. You should do a search of your savedVariables folder for
Code:
 "fr",
to see if any of them has it stored in their savedata.
01/27/16, 06:05 AM   #3
coolmodi
Used GREP already to search the documents folder and couldn't find language settings other the constants.

I also found some tooltips now that are french...guess something is just really broken.
01/27/16, 06:31 AM   #4
sirinsidiator

What value for SET Language.2 does the UserSettings.txt contain?
01/27/16, 06:50 AM   #5
votan

Just to mention this: Switching language in-game changes Lua localization only. Binary data (incl. audio) keeps in the language the client was started with.
May use the launcher to check what language is choosen.

I guess you already tried that.
01/27/16, 08:05 AM   #6
coolmodi
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
What value for SET Language.2 does the UserSettings.txt contain?
en, I found another copy of the ESO folder that only missed few hundred MBs ob updates, now it works fine again. Really no clue how that could happen. I just find it very strange how most of the game was english, but addons and very few things in the normal UI were french.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » SetCVar language partially stuck in french?