08/16/19, 09:52 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quick Enchanter error LUA can not craft anymore

It seems that the patch broke this addon.

I went to the station, selected the gold glyph i wanted, and when i click on the glyph to be crafted as usual this error popped

Code:
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanter.lua:1797: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanter.lua:1797: in function 'QuickEnchanter:CraftEnchantmentImpl'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, i = tbl, bag_p = tbl, bag_e = tbl, bag_a = tbl, has_potency = true, has_essence = true, has_aspect = true </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanter.lua:1828: in function 'QuickEnchanter:CraftEnchantment'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, id = 3, permutations = tbl, i = tbl </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanterWindow.lua:1677: in function '(anonymous)'
I tried to delete the savedvariable, but nothing changed, and i had the same error on my two accounts.

Is this at first sight something that could be fix allowing to wait until the author return ?

Thank you
08/18/19, 06:06 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'll have a look.
ZOs did rename a function in the enchanting base class ZO_Enchanting which made Multicraft break AdvancedFilters e.g. so maybe it's the same here.

Edit:
On first sight I'd say this is exactly the reason why libraries should NOT be included into the addon via the addon's manifest txt file anymore
Included LibEnchantingStation is outdated and broken and the fixed version of Votan is not downloaded via Minion as the lib is included here.
Maybe if you download LibEnchantingStation as standalone this will already fix the addon.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/18/19 at 01:06 PM.
08/18/19, 10:23 AM   #3
Anceane

Thank you very much for trying, but unfortunatly beside the libraries, it seems the problem is on the function clicked if it exist.

I can deconstruct, i can craft the furnitures enchanting through it too, but each time i click on a glyph to craft it, this error pop up

Code:
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanter.lua:1799: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanter.lua:1799: in function 'QuickEnchanter:CraftEnchantmentImpl'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, i = tbl, bag_p = tbl, bag_e = tbl, bag_a = tbl, has_potency = true, has_essence = true, has_aspect = true </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanter.lua:1830: in function 'QuickEnchanter:CraftEnchantment'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, id = 2, permutations = tbl, i = tbl </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/QuickEnchanter/QuickEnchanterWindow.lua:1678: in function '(anonymous)'
The same error (line number changed due to your modification but they point to the same poblem

(As i had the new Libenchantingstation, i did replaced it when i tried before posting on the forum, but as i did not knew how to change the code it was more error than this one LMAO.)

---
In the meantime as you are all very busy i did download a temporary replacement (i hope) called Enchant Maker. (good addon but really not what i wished. I still dont understant how it works and i end up most of the time googling to know which glyph to use haha. )

Thank you again for trying
08/18/19, 12:49 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, will have a other looks. Seems the function ENCHANTING:SetRuneSlotItem is missing now.
Hm I don't know the addon and there seem to be some problems with the menu shown above other menus (like create, extract- >if you got Quick Enchanter active and change to the other menus).

Exchanged the function and removed something below that to suppress the sound, but now the sound is always played. The hack he used there is not working again anymore.
The addon in total would need a rework!
I recommand switching to another addon like CarftStore FixedAndImproved for enchanting stuff.

Redownload and test it please

I'm providing a version here with the libraries removed and addon code changed to support the non-libstub global versions soon.

QuickEnchanter (hopfully fixed) 0.45.1
You need the following libraries installed:
LibAddonMenu-2.0
LibCustomMenu
LibEnchantingStation

Last edited by Baertram : 08/18/19 at 01:06 PM.
08/18/19, 02:37 PM   #5
Anceane

Yeepy Yay!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I can click on the glyphs icons and all is fine. No error popping at all

Thank you so much Bertram
08/19/19, 09:51 AM   #6
WillowD

Thank you from me too, Bertram. I downloaded your fix and it stopped the error messages. The enchanting table menu now pops up correctly. I didn't try to make an enchantment.

I've compared Quick Enchanter to the enchanter interface provided by CraftStore Scalebreaker and decided that CraftStore provides a much better interface. I'm going to stop using Quick Enchanter.

Please note that when you log into an avatar CraftStore adds 5 seconds to the login time whereas Quick Enchanter provides no significant delay. This is important to me since I do daily crafting writs on 10 toons. However, this is only a minor inconvenience since I can choose to only load CraftStore on my main crafting toons.

Thank you so much for your help Bertram, both here and in the other addons you have supported that I use.
08/19/19, 03:01 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You are welcome.
The login time depends on your accounts characters. Once craftstore was enabled at each char it will write data to the saved vars about each toon. So you can check ingame what was researched, which styles are known etc. Guess this increases the load time as the SavedVariables file of CS gets big!
08/19/19, 03:16 PM   #8
Anceane

Indeed Craftstore is great tool and i wish my eyes could endure that much of little green and red on the same screen LOL

ahhh youth ...... when you only subsist in our heart its not easy to adapt LMAO

I tried and at the end i was mixing the lines and colomn and needed each time to call husband to help me haha

So i love the quick enchanter ....
08/20/19, 09:48 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
hm, the Craftstore Enchanting station (Crafstre rune needs to be enabled in the settings) got a similar UI like QuickEnchanter imo. A bit smaller yes, but maybe scaling of the UI could help you in total with that :-)

In fact it got way less buttons and distrurbing sliders etc. than QuickEnchanter, imo. But I guess we are both used to the addons
08/20/19, 10:14 AM   #10
Anceane

We are speaking of this addon right ? ( i may have not look at the one you talk about).

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...lebreaker.html

but if this is this one, it is way too much for me lol. I like to have little addons, not giant ones, just for the sake of me (there is day where my medecine are so strong that my brain is going awol, thus if the addon do not have too much options, i can still play

Some years ago i would have jumped on that one lol
08/21/19, 01:56 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yeah this is the one but you do not need the CrafStore fancy color ui there for the enchanting table to work.
Just open the craftstore UI, at the top line there is the settings button. Click it and disable ALL except craftstore rune (this is for enchanting).
Then open the enchanting table and you'll see the new UI for this one. It will replace the original crafting UI.

You are able to craft a rune by simply clicking on it.
Sliders and other settings are there like QuickEnchanter got as well.

All the other stuff like the colorful research table in the CraftStore UI is not needed to let this work. It's ajust a bonus if you want to cross character check (needs to enable the addon on the other chars as well) what traits they got researched already, which sets can be crafted and to jump there, what style pages my other chars know, etc.
08/22/19, 09:44 AM   #12
Anceane

OOH i see

I will test it then Thank you for all the explanations.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Quick Enchanter error LUA can not craft anymore