05/14/16, 06:58 AM   #1
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LF complete list of all ability IDs

Hey folks, I am currently developing an addon that follows the basic ideas of WoW's Weak Auras 2 originally created by Mirrormn. For those who dont know what it does: It's a whitelist based, highly customizable buff/debuff - tracker with a "display a customized aura (= text, icon, texture or progressbar) on user specified conditions (status [e.g. unit ressource], buff/debuff time, etc.).

I want to track buffs/debuffs by using the game internal ability Ids to avoid some issues related to the fact that some different auras share the same name, so using spell ids is far more precise. I ran into a basic problem, though: Each ability in ESO has at least 12 different spell ids: 3 morphs with 4 ranks each.

My actual Question: Is there any complete list of all abilities/buffs/debuffs and their respective IDs?

Cheers, Letho
05/14/16, 08:15 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I think inside the addon SidTools ther eis some possiblity to get the ability ids.

-> But there is already a high customizable addon like you want to build one, called Srendarr
So you might not need to invent the wheel new
05/14/16, 09:06 AM   #3
Ayantir

Please don't reinvent the wheel, we're too few for this.

If you want to play wit buffs / debuffs, look at srendarr, contact author, add some code , but don't create a new addon please.
05/14/16, 09:54 AM   #4
Letho
Nono, srendarr is quite different from what i am doing. I find the classification from what weak auras does very difficult. Srendarr is a pure buff/debuff tracker. I already found coolmodis "bufftimers" and contacted him, sadly he's not playing ESO currently and therefor offered me to take over the development of his addon. I am using my own addon in addition to srendarr

AuraMastery does sth. like

"Display icon xyz with dimensions of 64x64 (user specified), 1px border (also user specified) of user specified color if the following conditions (also user specified) are met:

1. buff from source has less than 3 seconds left
2. current reticle target's health is less than 35% (as u can see this is a "status condition", not a "buff/debuff timeleft" type of condition)

As you can see this "do sth. based on user defined conditions" is not actually a buff/debuff tracker, buffs/debuffs are just one facet of it. Puting this kind of customizability into srendarr would probably (at least that is my personal assumption) overexert* the common user.

* The english language really has 10 words for the word that I mean, probably all with different contextual notions. i dont know if overexert has the notion i want to express, it's in no way meant to devalue users as stupid!

I am already using sidtools and i did not find a functionality like that :/
Srendar is the only addon displaying ability IDs, but the IDs are hardcoded into the addon. I should probably ask the author for some help/permission to take them from his code, nevertheless that would take much time.

Last edited by Letho : 05/14/16 at 10:07 AM.
05/14/16, 11:26 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

I am not sure what functionality you expect from sidTools? Keep in mind that it is a development utility.
What Baertram was referring to is the slash command "/stabilities" which generates a list of all abilities in the game - even some which are not in use - and shows them.
05/14/16, 11:49 AM   #6
Letho
Well, that goes quite towards of what i was looking for. The problem is: The window only shows rank IV abilities in the window.

Example: If i look for the spell "Proximity Detonation" i get 8 results: 4 described as "*active" and 4 simply "active". Problem is there seems to be no way to determine what ability ID belongs to what spell rank. Every *active ability shows the tooltip of my current rank with just different damage numbers. the other ones display an empty tooltip.
The four *active proximity detonations are 63302 (that is the one that i need, the buff on my character), 63299, 63296 and 61500. I need to find out the IDs of every spells Rank I - Rank IV buffs/debuffs.

You cannot provide rank info in the editbox by typing sth. like "Proximity detonation IV"

This is what i want to include into my addon:

Slashcommand "/am ?Proximity Detonation"

Resulting in the following chat output:

----------------------------------------
Search results for "Proximity Detonation":
xxxxxx Proximity Detonation (Rank I)
xxxxxx Proximity Detionation (Rank II)
xxxxxx Proximity Detionation (Rank III)
63302 Proximity Detionation (Rank IV)
----------------------------------------

the user needs to find the appropriate spell id for this configuration menu:

Last edited by Letho : 05/14/16 at 12:00 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » LF complete list of all ability IDs