08/25/14, 06:54 PM   #1
pinstripesc
New/update chat bubbles addon

Hi all,

So there's this chat bubbles addon, Simple Chat Bubbles. The dev hasn't posted there in 4 months, so I'm assuming he's abandoned it.

It still works, but could be taken a lot further. I tried messing around in the code just for myself, but didn't get very far. This was after seeing a great example of how it can be adjusted a little to be more in line with vanilla.

http://youtu.be/HWls3RJOYcQ

I'm not 100% on who's allowed to do what with abandoned addons, but I know a lot of people who would kill to see more options and love brought to this one so that people don't hafta tinker around in code (majority) don't understand.

Otherwise, this is a request for someone to start a new chat bubble addon.

Thanks

Last edited by pinstripesc : 08/25/14 at 07:01 PM.
08/25/14, 08:04 PM   #2
RibbedStoic

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I decided to try to revive this addon since I think it's pretty cool. The original author hasn't even posted here since June so I don't think it'll be an issue for someone else to pick it up. I added the minimum duration based on the original authors possible enhancements.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=720

If the original author ever does return, I'll gladly hand it over.

I'll look into updating it to be a little more like the video, definitely looks better imo.

Last edited by RibbedStoic : 08/25/14 at 08:11 PM.
08/25/14, 09:12 PM   #3
pinstripesc
Nice !
lalala
09/23/14, 09:55 PM   #4
RibbedStoic

I just updated the addon with a lot of configurable options and removed the black background. It looks a lot more like the video now with the right options set. Sorry it took so long, work picked up and I was short on time for a few weeks
09/23/14, 10:45 PM   #5
pinstripesc
Originally Posted by RibbedStoic View Post
I just updated the addon with a lot of configurable options and removed the black background. It looks a lot more like the video now with the right options set. Sorry it took so long, work picked up and I was short on time for a few weeks
Hawt. I'll check it out!
09/27/14, 01:13 PM   #6
Mezzamort
Thanks for picking this up!

I think this will be useful even when the new game bubbles are in. For example, you won't see ESO chat bubbles offscreen, like when someone is behind you. ESO chat bubbles may also clutter up the screen, overwriting each other. RP'ers often spout huge paragraphs of text (love 'em).

So, keep it going. I'm betting it won't be obsoleted.
09/29/14, 01:52 AM   #7
Fyrakin

True chat bubbles would stick over character head like quest pins hover over npcs, I hope ZO will do it at some point.
09/29/14, 06:04 AM   #8
RibbedStoic

Originally Posted by Fyrakin View Post
True chat bubbles would stick over character head like quest pins hover over npcs, I hope ZO will do it at some point.
It's not possible for an addon since we can't get 3d position data of other characters. ZO did mention chat bubbles for 1.5

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...ive_episode_2/

@4:31

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » New/update chat bubbles addon