05/24/16, 06:05 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] A NDA introduction of new systems with some of us before releasing DLC's

I would like have renammed this post with " Introduction of systems with some of us before DLC. Motivation, community .. " but forum don't let me allow it, so keeping the temporary one...

I clearly don't know if you got time or if you have some interest on us, BUT :

We are each day few than before.
EVERY experienced developper have his addon list filled of addons which are not their original creation.
In mid term, you'll clearly have a lack of addon devs, don't except any major addition from us. There is few new authors yes, but people enought motivated and capable of guiding others, understanding quickly, rewriting, revamping thousands of lines of code which are often not their creation because of your changes leave game each week.

For authors,
A presentation (under NDA) of your main features (you got our coordinates) could be interesting :

- Presentation of the new & revamped "systems"
- List of API events, functions related to them
- Few days after, what we would like to have in addition, our feedback. You take in count or not, but it'll be something think & written by the best coding experts of your community.

I'm agree that we are not (all) pro developpers with a master in Lua or Game / UI programming, but some of us know almost by heart your UI, how it works, use it every day and could provide interesting feedback instead of asking it on official forums to John & Joe afterwards few days before an already decided deadline which will hurry everyone.

So, finally.. why doing this ? what is the goal?.. Keep your community motivated.
You're loosing players, it's an evidence, and you're loosing community leaders.
Involving bests theorycrafters, few top forum guru's, few top guild leaders, few top raidleaders, your community "ambassadors", maybe few website administrators of some eso fans, some addon authors. Yes, it could be interesting to do. Or we'll all leave and you'll have a licence wasted.

PS: It is maybe already done, if so, just say "We already have some feedback from some addon authors" or "We clearly don't care / don't have time for this ..." ?

Thank you,

Last edited by Ayantir : 05/24/16 at 09:08 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] A NDA introduction of new systems with some of us before releasing DLC's