10/03/16, 11:15 PM   #1
AssemblerManiac
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] scripted chat send to guild channels

We all know that sending text directly to chat via script has been dead since ESO went live, but what about a limited version that could send chat msgs directly to a guild channel?

It would be great to have automated price query/answer.

If someone spams - they get booted from guild, no more spam.

Thoughts?

10/03/16, 11:44 PM   #2
Ayantir

no, don't think "master merchant".. think more abstract, more global

If zos release 1 channel for addons we could communicate throught this channel for addon communication. I'd like to have this but zos is against.

and if it was permitted, i would prefer addons listening/talking on a ui disabled channel more than on a user one.

And for the issue of users asking check prices... the issue is the addon itself.
Don't ask to zos to open a whole part of the api blocked since release for a buggy addon. fix it, fork it, forget it, as you want, but it's a community issue, not a zos one.

10/04/16, 10:53 AM   #3
AssemblerManiac
Hmmm, I'm not talking about a single addon, it was just an example.

Freeing up guild chat for direct send would open up a lot of possibilities, including possible auto activities like trivia (to keep guildies engaged & interested), responders for basic info, and yes, automated info exchange (for anything).

A special channel used solely for data exchange would be a huge help too. Allowing info to be passed between addons could make a lot of things much simpler.

Either way, maybe this will help ZOS start thinking about this as potential good thing, instead of something too easily abused.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] scripted chat send to guild channels