05/01/14, 07:29 AM   #21
Grischu
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wen ich nicht Skill 'blablub' geused hätte, wäre ich geonehitted worden und hätte gefailt und jetzt wird gedenglisht
05/02/14, 12:43 AM   #22
Asto

To be correct:
In this case 'looten' isn't the same as 'durchsuchen'. If you use 'durchsuchen' you should change the entire part like this: 'wenn ihr etwas durchsuchen könnt.' but that could miss some details.

Maybe better:
Change 'wenn ihr etwas öffnen oder looten könnt.' to 'wenn ihr etwas öffnen oder plündern könnt.'

'to loot sth' is 'etwas plündern' in german.

Now the entire translation to help the author:
Variation 1: 'durchsuchen'
interactablePicker = {
Header = "Benutzbar Farbe",
Body = "Der Text hat diese Farbe, wenn ihr etwas durchsuchen könnt. (z.B. eine ungeöffnete Kiste)"
},
Variation 2: 'öffnen und plündern'
interactablePicker = {
Header = "Benutzbar Farbe",
Body = "Der Text hat diese Farbe, wenn ihr etwas öffnen oder plündern könnt. (z.B. eine ungeöffnete Kiste)"
},
Variation 2 is the fixed one with the removed word 'looten' and variation 1 is the best one in my opinion but both translations are correct now. Variation 1 is better because the word 'durchsuchen' is already used by the default ESO UI.

I think there is no need to start a discussion about english words in the german language here. But if there is a german word for something, we should use it.

Another hint for the author: Did you think about removing the word 'Color' in each label? It should be clear that you select colors by a headline 'Colors' for example. 'Interactable Color', 'Not Interactable Color' could be 'Interactable' and 'Not Interactable'. So i don't reade color, color, color, color...

(same in german, there just remove the word Farbe(n) in the labels (your Header variable) and it would sound better)

... yeah the german language is not easy as you see...

Last edited by Asto : 05/02/14 at 12:59 AM.
05/02/14, 05:17 AM   #23
Iyanga
Originally Posted by Asto View Post
To be correct:
In this case 'looten' isn't the same as 'durchsuchen'. If you use 'durchsuchen' you should change the entire part like this: 'wenn ihr etwas durchsuchen könnt.' but that could miss some details.
"to loot" isn't in the English original anyway, there it is "interactable" - "interactable" is really not detailed at all. So, there is, luckily, no reason to insist to somehow translate "to loot" into German.

And you can't remove "öffnen", because you are not going to durchsuchen/plündern/loot a door.

"plündern" contains the process of taking something from someone else, but when you press E, you are not taking something, you are browsing the contents to see if there is something worth taking. So in this context I wouldn't use plündern, if I would have the necessarity to translate "to loot" (which I don't have, as mentioned).
05/02/14, 10:10 AM   #24
Tonyleila

Did i mention that you can "talk" to books in english?
05/02/14, 11:50 AM   #25
Bl4ckSh33p

I translated many addons and games and I would use the right German words.
the loot = Beute
to loot = plündern

Anything else is not really German. "looten" is a common term but its an english word used by many German players. It's not the German word for loot.
05/02/14, 12:58 PM   #26
Sharlikran

I hate to butt in but I am looking for French and German translations as well. I am looking for menu translations for HarvestMap and a translation for "Quicksilver Ore" and "Trunk" for Esohead. However, I have my localized version of Esohead and I am waiting for them to finish testing it before they release it publicly. For Esohead can anyone check the translations in EsoheadConstants.lua and make sure they are correct?

Last edited by Sharlikran : 05/02/14 at 01:02 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » German and French translation needed