05/23/14, 05:54 PM   #21
lyravega
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by thelegendaryof View Post
By that logic humanity would still live in caves because there was probably always someone saying that it 's not intended to be used that way like that stone is made to be used lying around not using it as a wheel...
Actually, without that logic, we'd be trying to use square shaped wheels instead of coming up with a way to do it "smoother" (both figuratively and literally); with a round shaped wheel.
05/24/14, 11:48 AM   #22
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by lyravega View Post
Actually, without that logic, we'd be trying to use square shaped wheels instead of coming up with a way to do it "smoother" (both figuratively and literally); with a round shaped wheel.
I got your concerns / points, even while they hold some truth - if one doesn't contribute constructively it 's not going to change.

@zgrssd:

Seems like they won't ever read it there in the official forums.
How about sending them a ticket ingame (they seem to reply there from time to time -
sometimes you just have so make multiple tickets before they respond ) ?

That here:

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494

Would be good example for what Group-Notes could be used.
Set a target once (when it changes) and not spam rewrite all the time.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/24/14 at 12:28 PM.
05/26/14, 04:03 PM   #23
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Iyanga View Post
No, it can be a move backward, too. ZOS could for example decide to remove member notes completely and therefore hurting all the people who use that feature for legitimate purposes just because you insisted on abusing it.
We once had a addon that fired more Guild Store searches then they wanted. So they put a limit on searches/second. The addon adapted.

There already is such a limit for Changes to Guild Member Notes.
Besides if I do not make it, somebody else might. As there is a chance somebody will do this anyway, it might as well be me.
05/27/14, 05:46 AM   #24
zamalek
I wonder if it's possible to load Binary Extension Modules into ESO, it's very likely ZOS disabled that.

If they didn't, you could then use e.g. LuaSocket and ask guilds to host a php file or something on their forums.
05/27/14, 06:43 AM   #25
CrazyDutchGuy

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
We once had a addon that fired more Guild Store searches then they wanted. So they put a limit on searches/second. The addon adapted.

There already is such a limit for Changes to Guild Member Notes.
Besides if I do not make it, somebody else might. As there is a chance somebody will do this anyway, it might as well be me.
By that anology you would be selling your own kids drugs. As there is a chance somebody will do it, and if so, it might as well be you ....

As mentioned earlier, do we want more ui lockdown, just cause people want to provide some guild wide communication ? Do I as a guild member want to be bothered with tons of guild_note_update events, just some guild members use an addon ? The reach of this addon functionality stretches beyond the actual addon users. Guild notes are for setting notes about your members, not for addon communication.

I expect that if you proceed that the whole functionality just gets stripped from the API and we can't interact with guild notes anymore.
05/27/14, 06:48 AM   #26
thelegendaryof

Originally Posted by CrazyDutchGuy View Post
As mentioned earlier, do we want more ui lockdown, just cause people want to provide some guild wide communication ? Do I as a guild member want to be bothered with tons of guild_note_update events, just some guild members use an addon ? The reach of this addon functionality stretches beyond the actual addon users. Guild notes are for setting notes about your members, not for addon communication.
Probably nobody wants that. That 's why there 's an official request and we are waiting for a response.

Cheers

Originally Posted by zamalek View Post
I wonder if it's possible to load Binary Extension Modules into ESO, it's very likely ZOS disabled that.

If they didn't, you could then use e.g. LuaSocket and ask guilds to host a php file or something on their forums.
Guess thats one of the most basic things to disable so there 's about 0.1% chance that this is left open.
And about 100% chance that it gets fixed ASAP if they forgot and notice it.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 05/27/14 at 06:50 AM.
05/27/14, 08:23 AM   #27
Tar000un

Originally Posted by zamalek View Post

I tryed unsuccessfully. But maybe I did a bad implementation, that will not surprise me. x)
05/27/14, 10:13 AM   #28
Halja

The all (any visible) socketing API was removed by API 100003.
--helja

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addons Communicating Guildwide via Member Notes?