03/02/14, 12:46 AM   #21
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rofl, guess I'm sleepy. Can't seem to traverse the saved variables table for some reason now. One more day to add the next phase.
03/02/14, 08:32 AM   #22
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
And add on to the problem with accessing the saved variables table properly, the AddMapPin function doesn't seem to fail but neither does it seem to show on the map and there doesn't seem to be a filter for the HARVEST_NODE map pin they set up to add them. I am guessing the compass pins will update based on the map pins so of course at present I am stuck on progressing this particular addon until more information is available.
03/02/14, 12:00 PM   #23
jgm
Funnily enough I gave up with adding pins to the map as well. Similar problem to you on pre-existing pin types, and the functions for custom map pins fails because of some undefined values in the core code.

If anyone here has access to the dev team it would be very much appreciated if we could obtain a code sample showing how to add our own pins to the map.
03/02/14, 05:41 PM   #24
Myrroddin
If the Pin APIs are inconclusive at this point, could you not take a page from HandyNotes, Gatherer, or GatherMate from WoW and use SetPoint? Granted, they all use Astrolabe as their back end, but it uses SetPoint.
03/02/14, 06:20 PM   #25
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
It sounds like a plausible idea. I didn't realise they did something as simple as that. I just assumed they used the POI functions to add to the maps.

Well too late to do anything now and I've already wasted time trying to read from the saved variables table properly as I am not in the addon beta so tonight was the last time I could get this fixed and its already midnight here and I have work in the morning so I guess I will just have to hope that next weekend is a beta weekend too.
03/09/14, 07:39 PM   #26
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Well I have been browsing my screenshots that I took from my debug code I implanted to test the results of the event EVENT_PLAYER_IN_PIN_AREA_CHANGED that returns the values pinType,param1,param2,param3,playerIsInside.

pinType 7 - Outside ( 0,0,0 ) (3,0,0), Inside (0,0,0) ( 1,0,0 )
pinType 8 - Outside ( 0,1,0 ), Inside ( 1,2,0 )
pinType 10 - Outside (3,0,0)
pinType 11 - Outside (3,2,0), Inside ( 5,1,0 )

Apart from the almost consistent values they still don't shed a light on what the values are. Maybe next weekend I'll get the debug to show decimal points and try GetZone/GetSubZone and see if there are even more consistencies that way.
03/14/14, 09:21 PM   #27
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Map Pins ...

Well after I got the couple of reported bugs out of the way on the gatherer addon I thought I would give another stab at adding pins to the map ..

I added the following in PlayerActive:

-- New Object
xrgaPin = ZO_WorldMapPins:New()

-- Adding Pin
xrgaPin:AddCustomPin(MAP_PIN_TYPE_HARVEST_NODE)
xrgaPin:SetCustomPinEnabled(MAP_PIN_TYPE_HARVEST_NODE,true)

No error messages so guess I did something right somewhat there

Then when a node is harvested I do the following:

xrgaResult = xrgaPin:CreatePin(MAP_PIN_TYPE_HARVEST_NODE)
xrgaPin:RefreshCustomPins(MAP_PIN_TYPE_HARVEST_NODE)
local xrgaControl = xrgaResult:GetControl()
xrgaControl:SetShapeType(SHAPE_BOX)
xrgaControl:SetHidden(false)

xrgaPin.Controls = xrgaPin.Controls or {}
xrgaPin.Controls[#xrgaPin.Controls+1] = xrgaControl

Again no errors but, looking at xrgaPin I can see it adding controls for each custom pin but for some reason it isn't allowing it to be shown.

But getting tired now but sudden thought is that maybe next I would do SetMapPin with the control already created .. but the 3 values I can't imagine what they should be apart from coords.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Location app?