09/24/19, 10:41 AM   #1
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Unhappy Unknown Error When Retrieving Items From Mail

I've gotten this error every time I take attachments from my mail. It breaks my inventory UI (it will no longer update) and I'm forced to do a /reloadui.

It has also happened when looting a thieves trove. I can't easily pinpoint what addon is causing this issue, so I'm reaching out for help. Anyone have any good troubleshooting suggestions to help me narrow down the culprit?
I have many, many addons and I'm looking for something more than "disable them all, and then enable them 1 by 1 until you find the addon causing the issue". Because it would involve a lot more work than just that, since only certain actions (eg: retrieving mail attachments) causes the error.

EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/GlobalVars.lua:47: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/GlobalVars.lua:47: in function 'GetControl'
|caaaaaa<Locals> suffix = "Flash" </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1281: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:PlayItemAddedAlert'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, filterData = tbl, tabFilters = tbl, filterKey = 1, tabFilter = tbl, filterIndex = 1 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1358: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:OnInventoryItemAdded'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, inventoryType = 1, bagId = 1, slotIndex = 14, newSlotData = tbl, inventory = tbl </Locals>|r
(tail call): ?
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:680: in function 'callback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> bagId = 1, slotIndex = 14, newSlotData = tbl, inventory = 1 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, eventName = "SlotAdded", registry = tbl, callbackInfoIndex = 1, callbackInfo = tbl, callback = EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:677, deleted = false </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:494: in function 'ZO_SharedInventoryManager:HandleSlotCreationOrUpdate'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, bagCache = tbl, bagId = 1, slotIndex = 14, isNewItem = true, slotData = tbl, result = 2 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:267: in function 'ZO_SharedInventoryManager:RefreshSingleSlot'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, bagId = 1, slotIndex = 14, isNewItem = true, itemSoundCategory = 21, updateReason = 0, bagCache = tbl </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:56: in function 'RefreshSingle'
EsoUI/Libraries/Refresh/Refresh.lua:65: in function 'ZO_Refresh:UpdateRefreshGroups'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, refreshGroup = "inventory", refreshData = tbl, _ = 1, singleData = tbl </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:93: in function 'OnInventorySlotUpdated'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 131223, bagId = 1, slotIndex = 14, isNewItem = true, itemSoundCategory = 21, updateReason = 0 </Locals>|r
I've gotten rid of a good amount of addons since this issue started occuring (last week? I think?). I couldn't find a txt document that contained all my enabled addons, but I've copied and pasted Addon Selector's saved variables into this spoiler:
Warning: Spoiler

Thank you for any and all assistance. I really appreciate it.
09/24/19, 11:01 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking at ingame/inventory/inventory.lua line 1281 it seems to have to do with some addon registering a tabFilter without a control. Aside from suggesting to disable all addons that add tab filters and turning them back on one by one, there is not much that can be done.
09/24/19, 11:06 AM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Looking at ingame/inventory/inventory.lua line 1281 it seems to have to do with some addon registering a tabFilter without a control. Aside from suggesting to disable all addons that add tab filters and turning them back on one by one, there is not much that can be done.
Hey, thanks for the response!
Sorry for my ignorance... what exactly is a "tab filter"? Do you mean the categories that are in the inventory UI? (Like "All", "Weapon", "Apparel" , etc?)
09/24/19, 11:07 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
It is in error I found and thought I had fixed within NTakLootAndSteal and/or Harvens Loot Filter addons which add a "tab filter button" for Stolen items to the invenmtory without the "new item animation" control.

The "old" versions of the addon did just add the button but not the ZO_Menu childcontrols for the "new item animation" and thus as the inventory tab was the last one opened and then you loot something /or looted as stolen item maybe the error appeard for me in the past.

Seems it somehow still can occur though...

Any hints on how to get this error, steps to reproduce? Haven't had it anymore with my versions of the addons.
09/24/19, 11:08 AM   #5
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
It is in error I thought I fided within NTakLootAndSteal and/or Harvens Loot Filter addons which add a "tab filter button" for Stolen items to the invenmtory without the "new item animation" control.

Seems it someho still can occur though...

Any hints on how to get this error, steps to reproduce? Haven't had it anymore with my versions of the addons.
So it's all your fault?!?!?
Lol, just kidding. <3
Yeah, I don't even have the "stolen" filter enabled from N'Tak's Loot'n'Steal.
Maybe the fact that I don't have it enabled is causing the problem??? (IDK)
09/24/19, 11:10 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not enabled only means it is invisible than but still loaded if I'm remebering correctly.
Not sure. I'll check the code.

Edit:
Yeah, seems it even gets loaded and just hidden if the setting is set to "off". I guess one should change this so it will only be loaded if the setting is eanbled and it will require a reloadui (as it already now does).
Will have alook how the error might happen and link an update in the NTakLootAndSteel comments then.

p.s.
it is not my fault as the error could have happened in the past already for both addons and just did not happen as they were using a fixed filter function (which is incompatible with addons like LibFilters though). They worked but it was quick and dirty somehow...

Last edited by Baertram : 09/24/19 at 11:15 AM.
09/24/19, 11:10 AM   #7
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
I get it literally every time I buy something from a guild store and try to retrieve the attachment from the mail.

I retrieve the item, but I immediately get the UI error and can't see the item in my inventory, and my inventory won't update in any way until i /reloadui.
09/24/19, 11:29 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check the comments here:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...=2349#comments

The user Tigertron explained how he is able to rebuild it. Seems to have to do with the vendor sell tab, not sure why though. Maybe the button's child control for the flash animation needs to be added several times for different panels, but vendor sell and inventory are both the same soI do not get it...

Have posted an updated version, hope this fixed it.
09/24/19, 11:33 AM   #9
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Have posted an updated version, hope this fixed it.
Thank you. I'm installing it now. I don't buy things often, or get mail often, but I'll try to give it some tests when I get the chance.
09/24/19, 11:37 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Read the comment of Tigertron, maybe you are able to test this with the steps he provided as well.
09/24/19, 11:41 AM   #11
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Read the comment of Tigertron, maybe you are able to test this with the steps he provided as well.
Will do! I probably won't get a chance to really test things today, but I should have an opportunity tomorrow. Thanks again.
09/24/19, 06:41 PM   #12
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
@Baertram - I think you fixed whatever the issue was. I've used all the craft stations and gotten many kinds of mail and I haven't had any errors!

I'll try to do more testing tomorrow to be sure... but yeah. Just wanted to let you know the good news.
09/25/19, 11:02 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The author updated it.
Please delete my version 1.8 and update the addon NtakLootAndSteal officialy to version 1.7.1. The versioning is different and Minion might not update it as my version is higher!
09/25/19, 11:05 AM   #14
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
The author updated it.
Please delete my version 1.8 and update the addon NtakLootAndSteal officialy to version 1.7.1. The versioning is different and Minion might not update it as my version is higher!
Yeah, I got N'Tak's version. Minion actually did want to update it to 1.7.1. So I did that.
(Which is interesting, because yours was version 1.8. I guess the site just recognized it as the newest version uploaded, and paid no attention to the actual version number. Hmm!)

Been playing for a few hours now with still no issues. I think it's all good now! Thanks!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Unknown Error When Retrieving Items From Mail