07/19/22, 05:41 AM   #1
guessWho64
Unhappy Minion stuck on loading

Hello,
I used minion for quite a time and all the sudden it went stuck in the "loading" status.
I followed the troubleshooting guide all through point 15 and nothing cleared the problem.
I went as far as to reinstall my pc.
My OS is windows 10 64 bit version 21H2
After reinstalling the pc Minion worked just fine. I could install my addons and then i made a system restore point. Then a day later minion stopped working again in exactly the same manner. I restored the named restore point to no avail.

My . minion directory is C:\Users\franc\.minion

I will provide a screenshot of the problem and a copy of minion.log and minion.xml
I have also have attached a screenshot of the status minion keeps in.

I really hope you kan help because minion is a really timesaving app if it works.

With reagards,
François Wouters

P.s however there is a ç in my name, i don't use it in my pc configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minion.png
Views:	232
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1499  
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (445.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (12.3 KB, 191 views)
08/05/22, 04:24 AM   #2
guessWho64
Minion works again

I reinstalled ESO in on my C: drive (it was on D: where also my Addon dir is). Minion needed to search for the addon dir a few times (pointing minion to it did'nt work for some reason). Now it works fine again.
I hope it will continue this way.

With regards,
François Wouters
08/05/22, 04:56 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From your minion.log file the first time it scans your addons it checks your d:\documents\username\Elder Scrolls Online\live folder
and not the live/AddOns folder.
Are you sure you have set the folder properly at this time as it was on the d: drive?

Glad it works again now, sometimes one cannot directly see why it's not working.
If this happens for me I just close minion in the task manager, backup the minion.xml file, and remove it then to reset the settings.
Check that MS OneDrive is not enabled or at least does not backup my windows documents folders as this often relates into Minion and/or ESO not finding addons as it moves the documents folder to OneDrive/documents!
Add Minion folder and c:\users\windows users\documents\.minion to allowed folders of AntiVirus/Anti Malware + Firewall access to the minion executable.
Check that no proxy is setup in windows settings / internet explorer settings.
Start Minion 32bit version (haven't installed 64bit anymore) and choose my documents/elder scrolls online/live/AddOns folder (create it if it does not exist. First run of ESO will create this so a fresh install maybe missing it).
After that let Minion scan the addons and update the xml file properly.
It maye hangs at first run and shows that screen you posted above.
i'll wait for ~5 mins at first run, then close it.
And restart the executable. In 99% it will show the scanned addons now.
If not it will be an empty list and I just install the needed addons again which works flawlessly.
08/05/22, 11:42 AM   #4
guessWho64
Tried all that before. It didn't work. Only after installing teh game directory on C: instead on D: it works again. Why it stopped working before i have no idea. It works again and i am content.
Longer ago i had my name François in my user profile and that did'nt work but after i changed it it worked again. It can be tricky sometimes.

With regards, François Wouters
08/20/22, 01:05 PM   #5
EragonDrago
Minion firewall issue

Hello... Minion stopped working with a firewall issue... have uninstalled, restarted comp, re download several times , checked my sys firewall settings... still no joy....

what am i missing in this issue... have renamed the 2 minion files and silly thing is my kid deleted them for some reason so i do not have those org files but same results.

any help would be great as I do not want to do manual install...

thanks for your time. when it was working, i loved this app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	188
Size:	612.8 KB
ID:	1502  
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (11.6 KB, 148 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (528 Bytes, 166 views)
08/20/22, 01:47 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Did you read the troubleshooting guide especially the ipv4 vs. ipv6 Java setting change #13?

Everything else should be handled in your firewall and anti-virus whitelist/allowed apps.
08/23/22, 10:01 AM   #7
EragonDrago
trouble shooting guide #13

did not see this one.

where is it located....
08/24/22, 12:06 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Each forum got sticky threads at the top which contain questions answered that are asked many times or forum rules and howtos.

Check the Minion Subforum, at the top there are the sticky threads.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion stuck on loading