03/19/19, 02:02 AM   #1
baratox
can a good programmer make a good item manager?

Hello,

firstly I want to clarify that I do not master English at all, and apparently when I write I look salty, which is not totally wrong but sometimes it can easily seem out of bounds, it's not the goal.

I know only 2 items managers, but I don't find more :
Rulebased inventory,
Bandit's item manager.

As some people said, the first one is unusable because of lacks of optimisation (as it's own author say).
And the second one is buggy (sell random equipments sometimes), it sells equipments for deconstruct as junk, it's not usable and his author look like to don't care about any critics.

Please, is there a good programmer that can do the first good item manager ? One that can do these exemples :
-Keep 5000g in inventory and store in bank the rest.
-store in bank all not-crafted and not-locked items.
-sell all equipments with ornate traits.
-put as junk all useless items (monster ressources...)
-keep only 50 potion per character.
-sell only vigor potions lvl<150 (it's an exemple).

I know you are not automatically paid for your addons, but it's a request...

Last edited by baratox : 03/19/19 at 02:05 AM.
03/19/19, 03:33 AM   #2
NTak

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are other managers:
I'm a user of PersonalAssistant and JunkBuster.

JunkBuster is amazing because you create your own rules, and stolen items are fully managed.
PersonalAssistant is going to have a brand new version soon.

03/19/19, 04:12 AM   #3
baratox
Originally Posted by NTak View Post
There are other managers:
I'm a user of PersonalAssistant and JunkBuster.

JunkBuster is amazing because you create your own rules, and stolen items are fully managed.
PersonalAssistant is going to have a brand new version soon.

Ahhh thank you I will try it as soon as I can !
03/19/19, 07:39 AM   #4
baratox
PersonalAssistant and JunkBuster, no one stock equipments in bank, rip deconstruct, still looking for a good addon.
03/19/19, 07:43 AM   #5
Marazota
Originally Posted by baratox View Post
PersonalAssistant and JunkBuster, no one stock equipments in bank, rip deconstruct, still looking for a good addon.
store in bank all not-crafted and not-locked items

USE DoItAll
03/20/19, 12:16 AM   #6
baratox
Ahh DoItAll do it.. Thanks I'll try .
03/20/19, 02:37 PM   #7
baratox
Doitall can't define rules, not good :/
03/20/19, 03:18 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The problem with the item manager is:
It makes the game LAG as it always needs to scan everything. And then in the end users say it's other addons.
I doubt there will be a "good inventory manager with rules" in one addon as you 'd never rtun it alone without any other addon. So you need to specify which addons it should be programmed to work with together or you'll end at the same situation like the currently existing ones did.

So basically: Just do it manually and filter items, use mass mover addons or do it manually and pay your game time

Edit:
Did you try this: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...rathstone.html
It's not a "automatic bank deposit/withdraw addon but got some nice inventory category changes which could help you.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/20/19 at 03:30 PM.
03/21/19, 02:22 PM   #9
baratox
It make no lag, except rulebasedinventory. I already use the category addon bug it don't help for this.

For real that's just crazy, nvm if I get a ban for this but I must say it :
They dev their inventories managers addons with ass.
It is not credible, the guy will do a very good addon but ohh he concider that a blue equipment is junk only, and when you tell him, he speak to you like if you were a sh*t.. tss I used 2 weeks to test all addons and it's always SH!T, next time I use this time to do it myself, they are too bad, and if my english was better, I had much more to say, this test session was so crazy I never see such retards in dev, I hate humanity you are all retards I never see someone that's able to do something, I always must do everything by myself. Every part of my new computer is a piece of SHIIIIITT, nothing works, never.

Last edited by baratox : 03/21/19 at 02:30 PM. Reason: 7
03/21/19, 02:37 PM   #10
Rhyono
Well, after you finish making your own addon, which computer component are you going to prioritize making your own superior version of? I'd recommend building your own CPU. It's an easier starting point than creating a GPU from scratch.
03/21/19, 04:23 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Oh well, yeah, you swear a lot and blame the others that the stuff they have build is not the way YOU want it to be. Great reason. That's definately then why you need to do it on your own. Good luck
Build your addon which is way better than others have done it.

btw:
Don't expect any answers or help anymore from me, as we addon devs have all treated you like ****.
And you just said you are going to do it on your own so you are smart and nice enough to find a way. Maybe ingame gold or real money for someone who needs it that bad.

Humanity is most of the time kind but people like you make me often wonder. And the bad thing is: I could have told this will happen to us as you have showed up and asked every single drop in an own thread instead of searching properly before. You do not need to do it on your own, you just search a reason to blame and yell on the others becasue they do it different. Good but not the way you like it to be.

and lol @Rhyono. So true
03/22/19, 03:45 AM   #12
baratox
Wtf, you are totally off topic. Why the lacks of multitread would be a pb here ?! :

Addon x :
do 1
don't do 2
do 3

Addon y :
don't do 1
do 2
do 3 with bugs
ban you from his commentaries when you ask "GENTLY" if he can do 1.

addon z :
do 1 with bugs
do 2
don't do 3

addon oiizejfoizejifo :
do all because you can program whatever you want, but as his dev said he forgot to optimize it.

Where is the pb of CPU's limitation here ?!!

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Oh well, yeah, you swear a lot and blame the others that the stuff they have build is not the way YOU want it to be. Great reason. That's definately then why you need to do it on your own. Good luck
Build your addon which is way better than others have done it.

btw:
Don't expect any answers or help anymore from me, as we addon devs have all treated you like ****.
And you just said you are going to do it on your own so you are smart and nice enough to find a way. Maybe ingame gold or real money for someone who needs it that bad.

Humanity is most of the time kind but people like you make me often wonder. And the bad thing is: I could have told this will happen to us as you have showed up and asked every single drop in an own thread instead of searching properly before. You do not need to do it on your own, you just search a reason to blame and yell on the others becasue they do it different. Good but not the way you like it to be.

and lol @Rhyono. So true

Baertram >> humanity does not have to be gentle, but must be right ("just", I'm not sure of the word in your langage), and it is precisely because no adult bother to have this BASE called wisdom, that you have condemned the humanity to irreversible decadence and destruction. I do not have lessons to learn from an adult who does not even have this base of knowledge that is not optional. And for information you don't "do it different", you do it badly, ALL badly, everything you do is made badly, stop eating poison guys. My work end soon IRL I will do justice, byebye the game dev badly (and betesda worst than you).

Last edited by baratox : 03/22/19 at 03:50 AM.
03/22/19, 04:46 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yep, we are all doing it badly. Sorry for not asking for your advice in advance about "doing it right".
btw: WTF is always good start of a chat comment/post (as mentioned before). I'm not quite sure who eats poison here and if this is meant to be a "GENTLY" comment.

My work end soon IRL I will do justice,
Wow, I guess we need to report you to the authorities now as you want to do justice in real life
03/22/19, 01:44 PM   #14
Rhyono
Here's a new inventory manager: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2312-ItemTrig.html

Please let us know how bad it is.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » can a good programmer make a good item manager?