05/24/19, 04:43 PM   #1
BSKCorp
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
New Guild ID calls

Ok so trying to help some fellow guildies and with the change of how Guild ID's work, the add on can not pull the list of guilds. Does anyone know how the new API works with this? Any help would be great to trouble shoot as no errors are even showing up. Just nothing pops up on the drop down list for guilds.
05/24/19, 05:04 PM   #2
Rhyono
You used to just use 1, 2, 3, etc.
Now, you need to use GetGuildId(2) to get the REAL id.
05/24/19, 05:48 PM   #3
BSKCorp
Forgive me because ima seem real stupid but im still learning lua. Ima just post what seems to be the getGuild fuction for the drop down list.

https://i.gyazo.com/653ab634d059bf10...a8d2e6a42f.png

Im really learning as I go and am trying to help them out hahaha So with the reoky above this one. Where woiuld I add in the getGuildId(2) to have this actually pull the guild ID and get the info?
05/24/19, 06:44 PM   #4
Rhyono
The 2 was just an example; not a hardcoded value. Looking at your code, where you put it, place the GetNumGuilds() then change GetGuildId(guildId) to GetGuildId(guild)
05/24/19, 08:26 PM   #5
BSKCorp
Thanks Rhyono for the help but so far everything I have tired, it just refuses to read any guild ID. no clue at all what is going on. going to make a dummy guild list add on tomorrow just to see if it is something else besides that piece of code. Again thanks.
05/24/19, 08:58 PM   #6
Rhyono
Take a look at my addon's code that does a bunch of guild things: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...dDataDump.html

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » New Guild ID calls