03/29/14, 08:00 PM   #1
indopan
How to use "ESOHead Markers" for lorebooks and skyshards

Last beta I used the esohead addon and ESOHead Markers, which marked the locations of lorebooks, skyshards and other resources as I collected them.

What I'm looking for is how to get these addons to display these details (like all the details on the esohead website map) on my map without having to first collect them on my own.

I did not find out how to do this last beta and would like to know how to for the real thing this weekend.
03/29/14, 09:37 PM   #2
mrmoneda

Originally Posted by indopan View Post
What I'm looking for is how to get these addons to display these details (like all the details on the esohead website map) on my map without having to first collect them on my own.
You would need the Esohead.lua file of someone else who had already collected those things.
03/29/14, 11:40 PM   #3
indopan
Well i would imagine if its possible to use someone elses Esohead.lua file, esohead itself should make its own data available for this purpose.

Basically I just want to be able to use an in game map to find lorebooks, skyshards and other resources. Using ESOHead Markers seemed the most promising way to do this, but I guess ill just have to find other maps online that people have made and use them till an in game option releases.

Last edited by indopan : 03/29/14 at 11:46 PM.
03/30/14, 01:18 AM   #4
jeradl

The developer of that app stated in another thread that functionality will be coming out Tuesday in the afternoon in an update if everything goes as planned. At the moment though you can't see what you haven't yet personally found.
03/30/14, 06:45 AM   #5
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe the only thing that the author is adding are skyshard locations. Everything else will still need to be you though.
04/01/14, 12:15 PM   #6
elsimer
the data could probably be added easily enough - esohead sends all the markers as JSON and include a handy identifier for the type of marker. I don't think anybody has checked to see if they change the coordinates from what would appear in your Esohead.lua file in the first place. Hopefully the author will have Markers start pulling from a different SavedVariables file so we don't have to modify the Esohead variables to get them to show up.
04/12/14, 12:21 AM   #7
MaxTwelve

How would this handle the fact that the same book can be found in multiple locations? Would that be an issue?
04/26/14, 02:13 PM   #8
Soalka
Esohead Download

You can ask other players to get their SavedVariables/Esohead.lua file.
Simply open the file and change the account name, then start the game with the Esohead addon and import the data via /import.

There is an online project which has a bunch of files:
http://eso-merge.nameless-gaming.org/uploads/
You'll only need the daily merge, not all the submitted files.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How to use "ESOHead Markers" for lorebooks and skyshards