07/23/19, 07:48 PM   #1
HyPure8216
Help! zenimax folder missing

So i see a bunch of info on this issue saying that u can create ur own live/addon folder but im having a completely different issue. I only have "the elder scrolls online" folder which contains only "depot" "game" and "vo_en" none of which contain the live folder. Now before when i played about a year ago, the live/addons folders were in a zenimax folder that was separate from the elder scrolls file. Someone who knows what i should do plz help its driving me nuts not having addons in this game. Also yes i reinstalled the game already, tried the repair tool and searched my entire pc for the 3 folders mentioned. I dont know what else to do. thanks in advance
07/23/19, 11:15 PM   #2
hyperiong

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You want to to find the following path folder. If it doesn't exist, you create the missing folder(s). It's where your addons will be placed.
C:\Users\(YOUR_PC_USERNAME)\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

When an addon is installed correctly it has to look like this to be loaded:
...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AnAddon\AnAddon.txt
In other words, the .txt (aka manifest) file must match the addon folder's name and should be on the first level when opening an addon folder.

Hope this is enough to resolve your issue.
07/24/19, 12:03 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install
It's not always c:, check the link above to see instructing how do find your documents folder.
07/24/19, 03:01 PM   #4
HyPure8216
thanks for trying.

So i tried creating these files under username/documents but with no success. The elder scrolls file itself is located in my local disk (C along with the uninstall option in the same place. before i reinstalled the game it seemed everything was in its correct place with the zenimax/live/addon files being in my documents folder within "this pc" but when i put addons in there, they didnt show in game which led me to uninstall and start from scratch but now i literally have no zenimax folder and the files i do have seem out of place.
07/24/19, 03:51 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Are you using OneDrive? Move the documents folder out from it to the c:/users folder again and start the game to create the elder scrolls online/live folder. Search for the file UserSettings.txt to find your addons folder.
Check the link I posted. There is written a way to detect your folder in windows.
07/24/19, 05:57 PM   #6
HyPure8216
i dont think we r on the same page.

No my onedrive has nothing in the documents folder. i will read ur walkthrough again but im not sure i understand it fully. Also i tried moving my documents folder from onedrive to my user folder and launching the game (if thats even what u meant) but did not work
07/24/19, 06:02 PM   #7
hyperiong

Note that "Zenimax Online" folder is your game directory, you don't need to worry about that for addons.
The "Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online" folder does contain "depot", "game" and "vo" folders but these contain game content you don't need to worry about. This is not where your "live" folder should be.

All you need to do is place your addons in:
\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
The "Documents\Elder Scrolls Online" folder only contains "live" (if you've played the live client) and "pts" (if you've played the PTS client) folders. Nothing else.

No Zenimax anything.

Last edited by hyperiong : 07/24/19 at 07:04 PM.
07/24/19, 06:09 PM   #8
HyPure8216
i dont think we r on the same page.

Ok....it's hard to understand without talking face to face but ill explain best i can. The elder scrolls folder inside my documents folder does not contain live/addons. There are no other folders with the name of "the elder scrolls online" except for the one. I have thoroughly searched my pc for any folder that may contain the live/addons folder but it seems to not exist. With this issue, how would i go about making that folder? what folder would i make it inside of if i dont have the folder required?
07/24/19, 06:26 PM   #9
hyperiong

Alright, so you've found your "Documents\Elder Scrolls Online" to be empty.
A "live" folder should be created if you play the game, I believe, but you can also just open the context menu (right-click) > New > Folder.
Name it "live". Open the "live" folder and create "AddOns".

Now you have the "\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns" folder to place your addons in.
07/24/19, 06:27 PM   #10
HyPure8216
screenshot of my local disk

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	546
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1148

have to add extra characters dont mind these.
07/24/19, 06:29 PM   #11
HyPure8216
?

So inside the "the elder scrolls online" folder (the only one i have, that contains the depot and so on) i should create these files and its supposed to work? I did this as one of the first things to try and fix it, am i doing something incorrectly?
07/24/19, 06:40 PM   #12
hyperiong

It is very odd that you have the Elder Scrolls Online folder with game content directly on C:. But if this contains "depot", "game", "vo", this is not the one. Is your game working like this?

You want to go to "Documents\Elder Scrolls Online" and create the mentioned folders there.
07/24/19, 06:51 PM   #13
HyPure8216
reinstall.

so if i reinstall the game right now give me the path i should take
07/24/19, 06:54 PM   #14
hyperiong

Default is usually fine, else I suggest C:\Games.
07/24/19, 06:57 PM   #15
HyPure8216
ok

Thanks so much for the time i will let u know in a couple hours if i got it lol
07/24/19, 07:01 PM   #16
hyperiong

After installing, start the game to make sure it works.

Then go to "Documents\Elder Scrolls Online" and hopefully you will see "live" already there. If not, then create the folders needed, check the first post I made (or Baertram's) for the instructions. Just know that "The Elder Scrolls Online" that contains depot, etc, is not where "live" should be.

GL HF.
07/24/19, 07:07 PM   #17
HyPure8216
theres no files whatsoever in any of my documents folders. atleast not yet
07/24/19, 10:00 PM   #18
HyPure8216
Still nothing...

So i reinstalled the game, no "the elder scrolls" folder was created so i created it myself in this pc/local disk c/users/NAME/documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns. All the addons are in the correct place as u can see but they do not show up in my game addons menu.

I have screen shots of each folder i will share with u so u can see first hand.

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	416
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1149

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Views:	323
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1150

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	290
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1151

Name:	Screenshot_5.png
Views:	304
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1152
07/25/19, 02:11 AM   #19
t31os
Have you moved / relocated your documents folder at some point? If you have, then the path will be relative to where you the new location is.

If you hit the screenshot key ingame it should show the pathway (at the top right of the screen) the game is using to store screenshots, the screenshots folder is also stored in the live directory the game uses.

Last edited by t31os : 07/25/19 at 02:14 AM.
07/25/19, 03:05 AM   #20
merlight
Originally Posted by HyPure8216 View Post
So i reinstalled the game, no "the elder scrolls" folder was created so i created it myself in this pc/local disk c/users/NAME/documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns.
You should not need to create that (at least up to the ../live/ part). When you start the game the first time and quit (no need to login), it should create that directory and save default settings in ".../Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt". Look for that file, that's where the game is looking for AddOns as well.

Check the special folder "Documents", not C:/Users/...

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Help! zenimax folder missing