09/05/18, 10:21 AM   #1
Tatica
Recently abandoned addons

I have a request. I have a few favortite addons.

Since Wolfhunter, it seems that they haven't been updated (though one hasn't been since spring)

These are the addons:

Inventory Grid View
Dressing Room (Reborn?)
Item Preview (most recently Furniture,+Armor+Weapons) but used to be Furnture

I know Shinni is th eauthor of the 3rd one I've already sent a pm to them but no response.

My request is this:

Can anyone either adopt and update these (the one giving me the most constant ui errors is Inventory Grid View but it's the one I want the most)

OR

Can someone guide me into updating it myself? I've never done any addon creation or updating, but I have a (very rusty) knowledge of coding, but my schooling was around 1990. I am teachable.

Either way, I play daily and rely on these addons and would be willing to try, maybe starting with one, and then adding others.. unless someone is willing to adopt and update these.

Thanks in advance!
09/06/18, 06:25 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What is not working within Inventory Grid View?
Show us the lua error messages and one might be able to help.

Most important question is:
Does it work if you use it alone, without other addons activated?
If not: Same like above. lua error messages please
If yes: What other addons are in conflict with it then?
You need to manually enable other addons one after another and tell us which addon is raising an error message, and how to rebuild this ingame (like, do a, do b, then open inventory, lua error .... appears).

Thanks
09/11/18, 04:04 PM   #3
Drummerx04
A lot of addons that are "Out Of Date" will work just fine until something actually changes in the API.

If you want to "update" an addon to remove that warning, then you just need to modify the "AddonName.txt" file in whichever addon directory needs updating. Open the file and change the APIVersion to the current version (100024 as of 2018-9-11)
09/12/18, 12:32 PM   #4
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If not: Same like above. lua error messages please
If yes: What other addons are in conflict with it then?
Thanks
Auto Category read the last comments here http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1....html#comments

The ReshapeSlot crash happens because IGV makes the assumption that a fixed number of child items are the inventory slots. This is true ... until AutoCategory adds controls for the open/close headers. If you check your inventory after a reload, and that failure, you should see that one of the "+" buttons on the left of the category -- typically the last one, for me -- is now a white square, because it was broken before the crash.

IGV needs to do a better job of working out exactly which children it wants to manipulate. I didn't pursue it, but I'd guess that the name of the child is going to be helpful to distinguish between inventory slots and other random controls shoved into the thing.

Other than AC I don't know too many addons shove random extra stuff into the inventory child list, so probably nothing else breaks it ... just by happenstance. AC isn't really doing anything wrong, as such, though it obviously is surprising IGV, and vice-versa.
09/12/18, 01:04 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Just tested this and it is not throwing any error messages for me?
I've enabled AutoCategory and InventoryGridView and it looks like this for me:

So are there any other addons enabled for you which raise this issue? No errors for me so far equal what I do. Sorry not bale to check if I cannot reproduce it

Don't get me wrong but you guys need to understand that we are only able to help if YOU do some tests before.
Disable ALL addons and only run those 2 addons togeter. Does it work? Fine. Then enable other of your addons which you got enabled before and tell us more details how to reproduce it.
If not: Tell us the exact settings of AC and IVG you are using. Or maybe backup your savedvars and reset the settings to standard. Play with it and change it again to your needs until the error happens again. There we got the setting which causes it then.

As written above: I'm not able to help here as it is working for me, even with many other addons enabled (just tested). Sorry.

Last edited by Baertram : 09/12/18 at 01:10 PM.
09/12/18, 01:31 PM   #6
Tonyleila

Just tested this and it is not throwing any error messages for me?
I've enabled AutoCategory and InventoryGridView and it looks like this for me:

So are there any other addons enabled for you which raise this issue? No errors for me so far equal what I do. Sorry not bale to check if I cannot reproduce it

Don't get me wrong but you guys need to understand that we are only able to help if YOU do some tests before.
Disable ALL addons and only run those 2 addons togeter. Does it work? Fine. Then enable other of your addons which you got enabled before and tell us more details how to reproduce it.
If not: Tell us the exact settings of AC and IVG you are using. Or maybe backup your savedvars and reset the settings to standard. Play with it and change it again to your needs until the error happens again. There we got the setting which causes it then.

As written above: I'm not able to help here as it is working for me, even with many other addons enabled (just tested). Sorry.
Try using it for a day and it shoud happen, I haven't used it recently but I'll try it again later today and report how exactly to reproduce this.
09/12/18, 01:37 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks.
I'm not going to try it for a day as if the UI is not accessible then I need to know how to reprouce it "each time" so I can add debug messages and check "before"
09/12/18, 03:21 PM   #8
Tonyleila

Thanks.
I'm not going to try it for a day as if the UI is not accessible then I need to know how to reprouce it "each time" so I can add debug messages and check "before"
The problem with the bug is every time it happens I can't simply disable an addon to test what causes it, because it locks up the ESC menu even after a reload I have to /logout. I got this errors but have to do some more testing how i got them..

Code:
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/util.lua:90: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/util.lua:90: in function 'ReshapeSlot'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/util.lua:193: in function 'util.ReshapeSlots'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/adapter.lua:450: in function 'adapter.ScrollController'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:19: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/main.lua:46: in function 'onFragmentShowing'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/main.lua:59: in function 'onFragmentStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:111: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:129: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:ShouldBeShown'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:195: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:Refresh'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:320: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragmentsHelper'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:328: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragments'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:283: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:161: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:282: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:265: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:Show'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:176: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowBaseScene'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:268: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnLoadingScreenDropped'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:30: in function '(anonymous)'
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:666: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:666: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:111: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:129: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:ShouldBeShown'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:195: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:Refresh'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:320: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragmentsHelper'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:328: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragments'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:237: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:Show'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:176: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowBaseScene'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:557: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnToggleGameMenuBinding'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:592: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_ToggleGameMenuBinding'
:1: in function '(main chunk)'

EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1482: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1482: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:UpdateList'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1561: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:LayoutInventoryItems'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1529: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:RefreshAllInventorySlots'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:827: in function 'OnPlayerActivated'

OK i can say its not AdvancedFilters

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09/12/18 at 04:46 PM.
09/12/18, 05:06 PM   #9
Tonyleila

Thanks.
OK I can 100% reproduce it now:

Code:
Steps to reproduce:

1. Download the latest versions of AwesomeGuildStore, AutoCategory, InventoryGridView 
2. Enabled all 3 addons and login
3. Write /reloadui in chat
4. Try to change the UI scene to anything besides HUD or HUD_UI.
After the error, the ui becomes unresponsive and stays in this state until either of the 3 mentioned addons is disabled.

AwesomeGuildStore and InventoryGridView alone do NOT produce errors.
AwesomeGuildStore and AutoCategory alone do NOT produce errors.
AutoCategory and InventoryGridView alone do NOT produce errors.

It only happens with all 3 of them enabled.
09/13/18, 01:20 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:666: attempt to index a nil value
Evil error...

I'm trying to get behind it but not sure if I can. Didn ot understand so far why this error happens in InventoryGridView. Seems to be realted to scenes or scene fragments. Will ask around a bit for help.
09/14/18, 09:53 AM   #11
Draxinusom
I use IGV and AC and since I dabble a bit in addon creation myself, I use a lot of /reloadui. I've never stumbled upon this issue, so it must be AwesomeGuildStore which triggers it.
09/14/18, 12:24 PM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm not sure if this is true. AGS alone a solid piece of addon which got nothing to do with the shown error messges imo. And the author knwos what he does, aldready talked to him.
If it happens then it might be a library used in AGS. For the moment I cannot find out why it happens though.
09/14/18, 10:21 PM   #13
Rhyono
I don't have an answer to this problem, but people are frequently quick to point at an addon because it only happens when that one is active. However, the addon truly at fault could be modifying its own behavior when said innocent addon is present or it could be modifying something the other addon uses.
09/17/18, 09:44 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Are you sure this happens if you have AwesomeGuildStore enabled as well?
I'm still not able to get the error
In the AutoCategory thread the users wrote the following:

Code:
I have errors when I have both Auto Category & Inventory Grid View running. This only started occurring with the Wolfhunter update.
I've run with just those two AddOns active.
Last sentences says they had it with ONLY these two addons active. So this might not be relate to other addons at all, but only these two.
09/17/18, 07:21 PM   #15
Tonyleila

Are you sure this happens if you have AwesomeGuildStore enabled as well?
I'm still not able to get the error
In the AutoCategory thread the users wrote the following:

Code:
I have errors when I have both Auto Category & Inventory Grid View running. This only started occurring with the Wolfhunter update.
I've run with just those two AddOns active.
Last sentences says they had it with ONLY these two addons active. So this might not be relate to other addons at all, but only these two.

Yes I think some of the errors can also happen with only this 2 but I'm not shure because the erros also were present before wolfhunter for me... , maybe the guy just did not think that AGS coud have anything to do with it.. but I also know that as soon as AwesomeGuildStore is enabled it is 100% reproducable for me with the guide I posted.
Did you reloadui while all 3 addons were enabled?

Maybe its an option in AC? Like I removed a category for research e.g. because I'm done with that, I have to test the base options of all addons again to be 100% shure... sadly I'm away for 7 days now so I'll try to report back after that.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09/17/18 at 07:31 PM.
09/19/18, 02:06 AM   #16
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Just had another addon dev experience the same error message. But only once and not it's not reproducable.
AND: He is not using InventoryGridView and not using AutoCategory!
So this might not be related to these addons at all, but other addons in combination.
09/27/18, 03:29 PM   #17
Tonyleila

Just had another addon dev experience the same error message. But only once and not it's not reproducable.
AND: He is not using InventoryGridView and not using AutoCategory!
So this might not be related to these addons at all, but other addons in combination.
Can you try this:
Fresh installs of AutoCategory, InventoryGridView , AwesomeGuildStore
No SavedVariables yet

AutoCategory options ->
inventory settings > remove the Analysis category from inventory
Visual options > font size 13 > header high 14

Press the reload UI option

Now you shoud get the error:

user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/util.lua:90: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/util.lua:90: in function 'ReshapeSlot'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/util.lua:193: in function 'util.ReshapeSlots'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/adapter.lua:450: in function 'adapter.ScrollController'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:19: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/main.lua:46: in function 'onFragmentShowing'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/main.lua:59: in function 'onFragmentStateChange'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:283: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:161: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:282: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:265: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:Show'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:268: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnLoadingScreenDropped'
EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:30: in function '(anonymous)'
As soon as you open your bags now it locks up

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Recently abandoned addons