05/14/14, 09:25 AM   #1
ntstambo
Minion on Mac won't finish loading

Hi,

Minion was working fine for me until yesterday. I used it to add a few new add-ons and since then it hasn't been able to finish loading as it looks for updates. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it a few times but the process starts right back up where it was and i have no control over it. I've tried manually removing the add on that it's stuck on (currently it's Treasure Maps), but it just happens again on the next one in line. The only thing that I can do is "X" out of it. I'm using Minion on mid 2012 Macbook Pro with OSX version 10.9.2. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Screen shot attached.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip minion screenshot.docx.zip (36.6 KB, 431 views)
05/14/14, 10:16 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Usually that means there is a bad path in the minion.xml. Can you attach that file here?

On osx the easiest way to get to your minion.xml is open a terminal window (under applications, then utilities) and type in this:

Code:
cp ~/.minion/minion.xml ~/desktop
and the file will appear on your desktop so you can attach it to this post.

The log file can also be helpful and you can do this to get it...

Code:
cp ~/.minion/minion0.log ~/desktop
05/19/14, 09:31 AM   #3
ntstambo
Thanks, I've attached them here.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (90.4 KB, 546 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.1 KB, 491 views)
05/19/14, 09:44 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Your minion.xml is a little messed up. You can either delete it and restart Minion (in a terminal window: rm ~/.minion/minion.xml)

Or you can edit the minion.xml and remove any of the following 2 lines...
Open it in your favorite text editor with the path ~/.minion/minion.xml.

Code:
<game addon-path="L1VzZXJzL3N0YW1ib3VsaWRpcy9Eb2N1bWVudHMvRWxkZXIgU2Nyb2xscyBPbmxpbmUvbGl2ZS9BZGRPbnM=" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
<game addon-path="L1VzZXJzL3N0YW1ib3VsaWRpcy9Eb2N1bWVudHMvRWxkZXIgU2Nyb2xscyBPbmxpbmUvbGl2ZS9BZGRPbnM=" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
You have 3 of the same addon paths in your minion.xml and Minion is confused.
05/19/14, 09:53 AM   #5
ntstambo
Thanks, I deleted it and restarted minion to test it and it no longer hangs. However after backing up my add-ons, only 2 of them are showing up in Minion. When I look in my add-ons folder, I do see everything there. Any recommendations?
05/19/14, 10:08 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by ntstambo View Post
Thanks, I deleted it and restarted minion to test it and it no longer hangs. However after backing up my add-ons, only 2 of them are showing up in Minion. When I look in my add-ons folder, I do see everything there. Any recommendations?
Just re-download the ones missing inside minion and it will start to track them again. Your in game addon settings will remain the same.

minion.xml holds the info for tracking addons and when Minion has to re-create that file it doesn't always find all the addons (we have a fix for this coming soon).

Last edited by Dolby : 05/19/14 at 10:11 AM.
05/19/14, 10:29 AM   #7
ntstambo
Great, thank you! Everything works great now.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion on Mac won't finish loading