05/13/14, 06:13 AM   #1
Getphazed
Minion Stuck downloading Addons

Minion will not download and install or update any addons. I have reinstalled minion, deleted the xml file, running it as admin and other stuff but nothing works. XML and Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (861 Bytes, 429 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (14.2 KB, 534 views)
05/13/14, 09:14 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
This is the error that is causing the problem.

<message>org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to cdn.esoui.com:80 [cdn.esoui.com/23.59.189.83, cdn.esoui.com/23.59.189.88] failed: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine</message>
Something is blocking Minion from downloading from our CDN. Can you check the event history of your malware scanner or firewall to see if its blocking connections to cdn.esoui.com?

It's not blocking all internet to Minion. It looks like Minion is able to communicate with our API just fine. Just when it trys to download AddOns something is blocking it.
05/13/14, 04:34 PM   #3
Getphazed
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
This is the error that is causing the problem.

Something is blocking Minion from downloading from our CDN. Can you check the event history of your malware scanner or firewall to see if its blocking connections to cdn.esoui.com?

It's not blocking all internet to Minion. It looks like Minion is able to communicate with our API just fine. Just when it trys to download AddOns something is blocking it.
Not sure what could be the cause of this, it is happening on 2 separate computers. Desktop couldn't run minion before so i used my laptop to install addons to the desktop but now the laptop cant download any addons. I reinstalled windows on my desktop and now minion runs but wont download anything. If it was happening on just the desktop id say something on there is blocking it but its not, i checked my router and no issues there either.
05/14/14, 11:41 PM   #4
Getphazed
When i type in cdn.esoui.com or cdn.esoui.com:80 in my browser it redirects me to http://www.esoui.com/addons.php if i type in the ip addresses 23.59.189.83 or 23.59.189.88 i get a 404 error in IE and Invalid URL The requested URL "/", is invalid. Reference #9.4fbd3b17.1400132343.23a55cb in chrome.

Another update, when i watch my firewall and all internet connectivity the program doesnt attempt to contact any of those url or ip addresses. When i click download the only thing it tries to connect to is app2.mmoui.com 50.22.31.137:443.

Last edited by Getphazed : 05/14/14 at 11:57 PM.
05/15/14, 12:46 AM   #5
perigorn

me too!

Yeah I am having the same issues. I have some concerns with the way this programs handles ports and firewalls too (security concerns). I get nervous when the only way I can shut down a program is by going into the Task Manager by hitting CTRL-ALT-DELETE. It hangs on checking/downloading the UI database online. Since this is not an isolated incident, what's going on?
05/15/14, 11:58 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
cdn.esoui.com doesnt serve a webpage, it serves downloads. so you would need to go to http://cdn.esoui.com/downloads/getfile.php?id=128. We currently use Akamia as our CDN provider so it chooses a server that is closest to your location and sends the requested file.

Minion uses the standard port 80 and secure ssl 443. Most people should have these open.

Right now if Minion can't connect to the internet its going to cause it to crash/hang. In a future patch we will have a message that displays that Minion can not connect to the internet so it wont cause the client to crash/hang.

Last edited by Dolby : 05/15/14 at 12:01 PM.
05/16/14, 04:15 PM   #7
Getphazed
cdn.esoui.com doesnt serve a webpage, it serves downloads. so you would need to go to http://cdn.esoui.com/downloads/getfile.php?id=128. We currently use Akamia as our CDN provider so it chooses a server that is closest to your location and sends the requested file.

Minion uses the standard port 80 and secure ssl 443. Most people should have these open.

Right now if Minion can't connect to the internet its going to cause it to crash/hang. In a future patch we will have a message that displays that Minion can not connect to the internet so it wont cause the client to crash/hang.
So any idea what might be the issue? Am able to connect to everything else just fine except when it comes to minion.
05/16/14, 04:25 PM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
What is your default browser? Minion uses information from what to connect to the internet.

What extensions do you have installed? Anything that proxies videos so you can watch region locked video?
05/16/14, 09:38 PM   #9
Getphazed
What is your default browser? Minion uses information from what to connect to the internet.

What extensions do you have installed? Anything that proxies videos so you can watch region locked video?
No proxies being used, no addons use them. I am using chrome as default but even switching default to another browser it still does the same thing. I used to be able to use minion on my laptop to update/install addons to my desktop but since the last update it stopped working on the laptop and am having the same issue with it not downloading.
05/16/14, 10:05 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you post your minion.xml & minion0.log from the laptop so I can confirm its the same problem?

Are you able to click the link I posted a few posts ago? Do you get a zip file?

I'll make sure to bring this up to our java programmer and see if he has any ideas.
05/16/14, 10:17 PM   #11
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I also notice your minion.xml has 2 entries for the same path. Can you use notepad and remove this line and try?

Code:
<game addon-path="QzpcVXNlcnNcRGFuaWVsXERvY3VtZW50c1xFbGRlciBTY3JvbGxzIE9ubGluZVxsaXZlXEFkZE9ucw==" auto-update="false" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online" game-id="ESO" ignore="true" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
Although it shouldn't cause the error I'm seeing in the log. Worth a try though.
05/18/14, 12:34 AM   #12
Getphazed
Can you post your minion.xml & minion0.log from the laptop so I can confirm its the same problem?

Are you able to click the link I posted a few posts ago? Do you get a zip file?

I'll make sure to bring this up to our java programmer and see if he has any ideas.
I was able to click the link you posted and download that file the other day and i had deleted the log and xml on the laptop and let it remake it and it had the same error as my desktop. But now for some reason i decided to give it a try today, nothing changed i hadn't made any changes to applications or my pc or router in any way but it works and i am able to download addons.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Stuck downloading Addons