11/07/20, 01:55 PM   #1
Heroman84
Add-on for Add-on Profiles

Okay, so the title sounds a little wonky, but it also perfectly describes what I'm looking for/requesting. Is there an add-on that allows me to build add-on profiles? For example, If I'm running dungeons I might want to enable CombatMetrics, Combat Metronome and HodorReflexes; but if I'm doing crafting I might disable those and toggle on WritWorthy and Potion Maker. You get the picture...

Also, I know this is a big ask, and I don't even know if its possible for just one add-on to do all this. Can it please save different add-on variables for each profile? As in the example above, if I'm running dungeons maybe I'd want Minimap to be a small round compass in the bottom left corner, but if I'm farming mats I'd want to switch to a rectangular minimap at the top where the vanilla compass belongs. Is something like this even possible?
11/07/20, 03:01 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon Selector

But you need to do a reloadui in between changing the profiles as enabling/disabling addons needs this to be done.

I also recommand "Votans Addon List" for a better addon overview AND automatic library/dependency enabling if you enable any addon (as long as you got the libs installed! It's not downloading them autoamtically, this is totally up to you).
11/07/20, 03:06 PM   #3
Heroman84
Thanks! I already had add-on selector installed, but I didn't notice the profiles or "packs" at the top of the add-ons menu. But this doesn't let me save add-on data between profiles, like the minimap settings example that I described in the op. Is this not possible?
11/07/20, 03:14 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope, imo there wont ever be any addon supporting any other (like 10000) addon's SavedVariables.
The addons need to provide this settings on their own.

All addons I know that tried to achieve this failed and crashed more than that they worked. Forget that idea please, it's way to much work as you would need to support like 20 different ways of saving the data, and eacha ddon behaves differently.

IF you want toa chieve this you need to create your settings for the addons, then logout. Go to live/SavedVariables/<addonname>.lua and save that file somewhere as backup.
Create yourself a batch file (e.g. farm.bat) and add the backuped files you want to copy over to your live/SavedVariables folder for your purpose (e.g. "farming").
Login again and setup your addons for "combat", logout and backup etc, do the same for "dungeon" and so on.
You can use the batch files then as you are at the character selection screen to change the SavedVariables. But as the contents of the SV might need to update you would have to backup the files each time after logout again, manually.
If you do not have any software which is able to do this for you, + it needs to be backuped to the correct folders (e.g. live/SVbackup/farm, live/SVbackup/dungeon, ...).

That's only an idea.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/07/20 at 03:17 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Add-on for Add-on Profiles