12/05/20, 02:09 AM   #1
Kalinfe
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Finding Boss Coordinates

Is there any specific way to find boss coordinates of a known unitId or unitTag? I note there is the function GetUnitWorldPosition(unitTag) but reporting from this returns 0 in both x and y when used with the tag 'boss1' or 'boss2'. I'm trying to make an addon that tells people where a certain boss teleports to so they are more quickly able to react.

Anyone else encountered an issue like this? Would putting in the unitId work instead?
12/05/20, 04:48 AM   #2
andy.s
I see this question is being asked frequently lately, people want to highlight hidden players, point arrows at bosses and other stuff Luckily it's only possible to get group members coordinates and your pets. Maybe should add it to docs/wiki.
12/05/20, 05:07 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Kalinfe View Post
Is there any specific way to find boss coordinates of a known unitId or unitTag? I note there is the function GetUnitWorldPosition(unitTag) but reporting from this returns 0 in both x and y when used with the tag 'boss1' or 'boss2'. I'm trying to make an addon that tells people where a certain boss teleports to so they are more quickly able to react.

Anyone else encountered an issue like this? Would putting in the unitId work instead?
Don't get me wrong but: Even more easy mode in an easy mode game?
You guys want to have everything automated instead of "enjoying" it's not a run through "everywhere". Most dungeons are a run through already, the bosses say and yell and show with visual effects + red circles etc. what happens.
Where is the spirit of "exploration", "try and error", or is it all about this stupid virtual loot...

I'd enjoy there is a difficulty as long as it lasts. A lot ppl already scream it's too hard. They should go and play other games then if they want to enjoy a 1, 2, 1, 2 game experience to get from 0 to 100 at once.

Last edited by Baertram : 12/05/20 at 05:13 AM.
12/07/20, 02:50 PM   #4
Kalinfe
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Don't get me wrong but: Even more easy mode in an easy mode game?
You guys want to have everything automated instead of "enjoying" it's not a run through "everywhere". Most dungeons are a run through already, the bosses say and yell and show with visual effects + red circles etc. what happens.
Where is the spirit of "exploration", "try and error", or is it all about this stupid virtual loot...

I'd enjoy there is a difficulty as long as it lasts. A lot ppl already scream it's too hard. They should go and play other games then if they want to enjoy a 1, 2, 1, 2 game experience to get from 0 to 100 at once.
No one's forcing you to download the addon
12/07/20, 02:52 PM   #5
Kalinfe
Originally Posted by andy.s View Post
I see this question is being asked frequently lately, people want to highlight hidden players, point arrows at bosses and other stuff Luckily it's only possible to get group members coordinates and your pets. Maybe should add it to docs/wiki.
Thanks much for the help! The addon was intended to track the four corner position Llothis ports to in a vAS+1 or +2, he wanted to solo interrupt as OT so it'd help him. Doesn't seem like there's really a way, but thank you so much!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Finding Boss Coordinates