05/27/16, 04:52 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Minion 3.0 is here!

Our Minions are continuing to grow up! We’ve managed to break them of some of their bad habits (bugs) and done some more training (added features). Now they can take even better care of managing your addons for you so you can concentrate on the business of playing your game!

As always when teaching them new tricks it is possible that they might come up with some new bad habits (bugs). If that happens we want you to tell us about it so we can break them of those bad habits. Please see this thread to get the information on what we need when you submit a bug report.

You can go here to get your better trained Minion. Please use this forum to provide feedback and receive support.

*Minion: A free, eager-to-please little monster lackey of your own, with enough sense to stick to orders! Minion can handle all the 'work' assigned, letting you get back to the 'serious business' of playing your game sooner.

[Note]: If you already have Minion 2.1.x, you will need to re-download and re-install Minion to get the updated version.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05/28/16 at 06:50 AM.
05/27/16, 04:55 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
  • [NEW] Redesigned user interface. This new UI is cleaner, has more contrast, used more native os elements and is faster. All UI graphics are vectorized so it will look sharp even on 4k & Retina displays.
  • [NEW] Backups for every one! Check out the backup tab and backup your AddOns & Saved variables.
  • [NEW] Specify a different location for your backups under settings (the cog icon in the upper right). Choose a location like another hard drive or even your Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive folder for extra backup security.
  • [NEW] Native OS file/folder browser.
  • [NEW] Native OS title bar/window and resizing.
  • [NEW] Small advertisement to support Minion development. We have also included a button to disabled the Ad if it becomes too annoying. However it resets when you restart Minion.
  • [Fixed] Wen't through and optimized Minion. We aren't finished but we have boosted performance a tad.
  • [Fixed] Weird UI issue with updated a large amount of AddOns where the progress bars would flash around and display on other AddOns.
  • [Fixed] Ignore Update now properly lists AddOn names under options with out restarting Minion.
  • [Fixed] Clicking on the add game button multiple times will no longer spawn multiple add game windows.
  • [Fixed] Manually adding a new game no longer ads the game multiple times to the game list.
  • [Removed] The login system has been disabled temporarily. None of Minion features at the moment require an account.
  • [Removed] All references to ZAM Network because we are Good Game Mods now.
  • [Removed] Home tab. No one really visited this area of Minion and it was just taking up resources.
  • [Updated] Minion version number is now displayed under the global settings window (click the cog icon in the upper right).
  • [Updated] Lots of behind the scenes changes to help Minion grow in the future.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05/27/16 at 05:03 PM.
05/28/16, 02:21 AM   #3
WulleBulle
Hi,

thx for Minion.

But...

- the Forum Link on your homepage doesn't work (links to "forumdisplay")
- the auto update doesn't work > if one clicks "Update an restart" Minion closes, doesn't do anything and restarts with the message that Minion 3 is here

I will download and install it manually. This is just for your information.

Bye
05/28/16, 03:14 AM   #4
Justan Image
Thanks for updating this useful piece of software

One suggestion though: could you please add a dark theme to it?
The white skin is really hurting my eyes
05/28/16, 03:29 AM   #5
hagermanj
Love the program.

But Like Justan Image said:
"Thanks for updating this useful piece of software

One suggestion though: could you please add a dark theme to it?
The white skin is really hurting my eyes"

Please add an option for the old skin ( dark ), it also hurts my eyes.

Thanks again for A GREAT addon manager.
05/28/16, 05:42 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
[Removed] All references to ZAM Network because we are Good Game Mods now.
You may have missed one reference. It still suggest "ZAM Network LLC" for the start menu folder in the Win64 installer.

EDIT: btw. the old bug where it won't open the changelog window when I click on the version number is still there.
  • I had 3 addons to update in the list.
  • When I click the version number on the first one the changelog shows up as expected
  • Then I click update in the version number dialog and close it
  • When I click the version number on the next one in the list it doesn't show up and I have to click the title of the addon and then changelog.
Happens every time.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 05/28/16 at 05:46 AM.
05/28/16, 06:40 AM   #7
Tonyleila

Not shure what I shoud do update no... or upda... ?!

Cause when I klick the left nothing happens and the window just pops up again, the right just opens minion normal.

Guess I just do a fresh reinstall.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 05/28/16 at 06:44 AM.
05/28/16, 07:05 AM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sorry, yeah minion 3 requires a re-install due to the number of changes. It would have taken way to long to update minion 2.1 to be able to upgrade to minion 3.

Due to the amount of feedback we are going to add a dark theme option. Hopefully in the next update if we don't hit any roadblocks.
05/28/16, 07:13 AM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
You may have missed one reference. It still suggest "ZAM Network LLC" for the start menu folder in the Win64 installer.
It only does that if you don't uninstall Minion first.

EDIT: btw. the old bug where it won't open the changelog window when I click on the version number is still there.
  • I had 3 addons to update in the list.
  • When I click the version number on the first one the changelog shows up as expected
  • Then I click update in the version number dialog and close it
  • When I click the version number on the next one in the list it doesn't show up and I have to click the title of the addon and then changelog.
Happens every time.
Thanks, I for some reason can not reproduce this. I had 6 addons needing update. I click on the version numbers on the first one, click update the changelog window that pops up, close the change log window and click the next version numbers and I get the change log window just fine. Does it matter what AddOns are needing an update?

Last edited by Dolby : 05/28/16 at 07:16 AM.
05/28/16, 08:01 AM   #10
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Thanks, I for some reason can not reproduce this. I had 6 addons needing update. I click on the version numbers on the first one, click update the changelog window that pops up, close the change log window and click the next version numbers and I get the change log window just fine. Does it matter what AddOns are needing an update?
I am not sure. I will write down which addons I update if it happens again.

On another note, maybe you can add a feature to ignore updates for all addons from myself once the login system works again? At the moment I have to put each new addon on the ignore list manually. Not a huge problem, but it would be nice to have.
05/28/16, 08:08 AM   #11
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
On another note, maybe you can add a feature to ignore updates for all addons from myself once the login system works again? At the moment I have to put each new addon on the ignore list manually. Not a huge problem, but it would be nice to have.
We currently have a feature in the backlog to auto ignore updates for addons that have a .git or .svn folder. We will probably make it a setting to enable. Would that work for you?
05/28/16, 10:04 AM   #12
sirinsidiator

We currently have a feature in the backlog to auto ignore updates for addons that have a .git or .svn folder. We will probably make it a setting to enable. Would that work for you?
I am not using my live folder as working directory but instead copy the files over with a build script. I guess I could let it generate such a folder. So it should be okay.
05/28/16, 12:13 PM   #13
Turgenev
Exclamation Good update, but... the white... it burns....!

Congratulations on releasing Minion 3.0. It's an indispensable piece of add on management software that I rely on for ESO.

Having said that... please give us the option to choose a light or dark theme? As someone with sensitive eyes, the glaring white is brutal on my vision. The previous dark tone was terrific, and while I understand some may like the new white, some of us actually rely on the dimmer brightness of the previous theme.

Please reconsider. Sounds dumb, maybe, but Minion hurts my eyes with its pure whiteness.

(I just realized you committed earlier to a dark theme, for which I'm grateful. I'll abstain from opening Minion until that release is available. Thanks.)
05/28/16, 03:14 PM   #14
Justan Image
[...]Due to the amount of feedback we are going to add a dark theme option. Hopefully in the next update if we don't hit any roadblocks.
Well, that was quick. Thanks
05/29/16, 05:01 AM   #15
Woeler

It seems my virus scanner has other thoughts about minion3. Will leave it for now.
05/29/16, 06:46 AM   #16
Tonyleila

Woud be nice to disable the adds/tracking whatever for addon authors.

Also looks like the community dosen't like it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...ow_to_disable/
05/29/16, 07:20 AM   #17
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Woeler View Post
It seems my virus scanner has other thoughts about minion3. Will leave it for now.
Which one? Norton had false detection and I got this back from them...

In relation to submission [3956132].

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and as such this detection will be removed from our products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at http://securityresponse.symantec.com....download.html

Please note that whitelisting can take up to 24 hours to take effect.
05/29/16, 07:30 AM   #18
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Woud be nice to disable the adds/tracking whatever for addon authors.

Also looks like the community dosen't like it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...ow_to_disable/
Thank you for the link Tony.

We don't have a global auth server at the moment. I think to respond quickly enough we will have to make the 'hide advertisements' button persistent for now.
05/29/16, 07:34 AM   #19
Tonyleila

Which one? Norton had false detection and I got this back from them...
Can't find any too: https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/b...is/1464528713/

Looks like Norton fixed it already.
05/29/16, 07:35 AM   #20
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hey there,

the Minion 3 installer was downloading with a speed of 2kb/s for me and now it stopped
Every other website is providing high speed downloads.
And I'm not able to reach the https://cdn.mmoui.com/ website anymore.
Are you having some trouble over there or is it my line/virus scanner what ever?

ESOUI » Site Forums » News » Minion 3.0 is here!