05/29/16, 07:49 AM   #21
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hey there,

the Minion 3 installer was downloading with a speed of 2kb/s for me and now it stopped
Every other website is providing high speed downloads.
And I'm not able to reach the https://cdn.mmoui.com/ website anymore.
Are you having some trouble over there or is it my line/virus scanner what ever?
No trouble here. We are using Cloudflare as a CDN, maybe their local CDN server in your area is having trouble?
05/29/16, 08:24 AM   #22
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe. Just tried it again now and I'm able to reach the website again. Speed is not that good, only 100kb/s, but it's enough to download it in 10 minutes then
05/30/16, 09:28 AM   #23
kermudgen
Ads, really?! I'd have been more inclined to toss $5 usd your way than see that mess. 100% sure I'll never click on an ad so hopefully no one paid for advert space. And the white background is entirely too bright.
05/30/16, 10:05 AM   #24
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'm sorry that the ads bug you guys. :( We thought adding the 'Hide Advertisements' button would be enough but I guess not. We split off from ZAM awhile ago (not our choice) and are running on our own. We need a way to pay for development and the costs associated with it (Certs, Bandwidth, Servers, Dolby, myself & our java guy Jwood, etc).

We are working on adding a dark theme back in as an option you can choose. Hopefully we'll have it out this week.
05/31/16, 10:28 AM   #25
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I am not sure. I will write down which addons I update if it happens again.
I think I found the issue.
When the second addon in the list does not have a change log and I update the one before it, it changes position and is now in the first row, but the button for the changelog of the addon that is now in the second row is still inactive.
05/31/16, 10:34 AM   #26
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ah hah, that makes sense sirinsidiator. Thanks

I will test and maybe I'll just enable blank changelogs on the minion api. Instead of removing the datapoint if there is none.
05/31/16, 10:37 AM   #27
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
BTW the Dark theme is nearly done. Hope to have a new Minion release tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.36.28 AM.png
Views:	917
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	735  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 11.36.36 AM.png
Views:	877
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	736  
05/31/16, 05:04 PM   #28
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
BTW the Dark theme is nearly done. Hope to have a new Minion release tonight.
Cool! One question: I left minion open and hoped it woud automaticly find new version of addons as soon as they are updated but turns out I have to close and open minion to refresh is this right or was it only me?! There is not even a refresh button or something
05/31/16, 05:05 PM   #29
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Cool! One question: I left minion open and hoped it woud automaticly find new version of addons as soon as they are updated but turns out I have to close and open minion to refresh is this right or was it only me?! There is not even a refresh button or something
It should refresh ~aprox every hour? If you go under the settings (upper right cog) what does it say for data refresh?
05/31/16, 05:13 PM   #30
Tonyleila

It should refresh ~aprox every hour? If you go under the settings (upper right cog) what does it say for data refresh?
~aprox every hour? ARGGG I need it to refresh every minute at least; maybe even every 10 sec Its patch day I need them updates!

I had minion closed and opned it right now, it says: Last Data Refresh: Never
06/06/16, 12:36 PM   #31
GrumpStump
How about having a donate button that would disable ads? I'd be more than willing to pay a small price to get rid of them.
Thanks.

GrumpStump
06/06/16, 12:41 PM   #32
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by GrumpStump View Post
How about having a donate button that would disable ads? I'd be more than willing to pay a small price to get rid of them.
Thanks.

GrumpStump
Thanks for the suggestion, we are working on that.
06/07/16, 06:13 AM   #33
Tonyleila

Thanks for the suggestion, we are working on that.
everyone woud just use the old version if you force to pay to disable adds. So I woud make it like this if you klick hide add it saves/remembers this and it suggests that you donate to support once.

BTW the rightklick menu for the options of the taskbar micro icon is not yet scaled to 4k the text is like 3pt.
06/07/16, 10:46 AM   #34
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
BTW the rightklick menu for the options of the taskbar micro icon is not yet scaled to 4k the text is like 3pt.
Hrm, on my MBP Retina display it seems to display just fine... (http://i.imgur.com/CyFLlxn.png)

Do you have multiple monitors connected? One of them 4k and maybe another that isn't?
06/12/16, 04:40 PM   #35
xowl
Probably not malicious, which is even more worrying

Yeah... I was hoping to love Minion, but I won't risk it on my systems. Installing to user appdata because the OS' protection against modifying applications is "pesky" could be a plan to do something malicious, which would be annoying, but is probably really Mac or Linux programmers who don't know how to set up app permissions, which is much, much worrying. So I won't forego system protection to install an app that will make other basic mistakes a Windows programmer would know to avoid.

Tries to work around UAC by installing to a data directory, makes snarky comments about OS protection services getting in their way, and no source available... not a combination I can trust.
06/12/16, 05:16 PM   #36
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by xowl View Post
Yeah... I was hoping to love Minion, but I won't risk it on my systems. Installing to user appdata because the OS' protection against modifying applications is "pesky" could be a plan to do something malicious, which would be annoying, but is probably really Mac or Linux programmers who don't know how to set up app permissions, which is much, much worrying. So I won't forego system protection to install an app that will make other basic mistakes a Windows programmer would know to avoid.

Tries to work around UAC by installing to a data directory, makes snarky comments about OS protection services getting in their way, and no source available... not a combination I can trust.
Install Minion where-ever you like. It doesn't have to be the app data directory (install it in C:\minion or where I install it C:\games\minion. The AppData directory is just the default directory most JVM apps use (at least the 3 other JVM apps I use install to that directory?). I think Java uses the data directory because its a java app not really an exe? I'd have to ask our java programmer to be sure (I'll ping him and get the real answer). I just do the UI/UIX, QA, PM, etc. So I may be wrong about the UAC stuff, I just know apps located in the program folder some times have permission issues. Even WoW has had long standing issues (i think its finally fixed now) with it.

Sorry if you took my comment as snarky, it really wasn't meant to be . I'm not a know-it-all (far from it) and just was trying to explain what I thought might be happening. I'm going to create a ticket and see what needs to be done to get Minion running properly in the program folder.

I totally understand if you don't want to trust our software. Hopefully future updates to Minion will change your mind and we can gain your trust.

Last edited by Dolby : 06/12/16 at 05:42 PM.
06/23/16, 10:23 AM   #37
axellslade
Could you please add an option for "Close to taskbar"? Pretty much every app has this nowadays.
I'm so used to this, I always close Minion instead of minimizing it to the taskbar...
06/23/16, 01:41 PM   #38
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey axellslade. We've already got it on our backlog list. But great suggestion if we didn't already have it, thank you.
07/05/16, 12:28 AM   #39
manavortex

Feature request

Hello there,

I like Minion, hence I shall bother you with feature requests.

The current behavior about minimizing/closing Minion drives me nuts. It's not what other programs do - could you pleaseplease change that, or give us a toggle?

Basically, what I expect when I minimize it is the program to minimize to toolbar. When I close it, I want it to be minimized to tray. (I am dimly aware of people not wanting that - whyever, thus the toggle.)

Edit: Just saw that two posts earlier someone else asked for it as well. Please push!

ESOUI » Site Forums » News » Minion 3.0 is here!