03/20/22, 09:32 PM   #1
Attizh
Excavating Addon

Now, I might be extremely stupid, but my excavating progress ends at purple. Even then I might run out of time. Something like the Ring of the Pale Order or Ebon Wolf mount I can only dream of.

I do reasonable at scrying and sometimes I don't get all 6 markers at purple. With excavating once I find a green square, I equalize a 3x3 area for the big shovel. Remove a layer of dirt and dig deeper at the green spot until I find something and then I have to guess in which direction I have to continue.

I would love to see an addon that helps with Scrying and Excavating. And an offline trainer program might also be handy. Keep in mind that the addon is meant for people that have maxed out the skill line.

You can calibrate the location of both screens by mouse clicking the corners if that is needed. I don't know if resolution, interface scale can be read.

If the scry screen can't be scanned, you could manually color mark the hexagons by mouse clicking a color and on the shapes. Tedious, but it might be done withing 30-60 secs. The same applies for the excavating screen, but you only color the smoke spots and the -1 layer areas.

With that done, there must be way to scry for the best results. I usually go vertical bar up from the middle, then snow flake on top-left and top-right, merge a color for expanding terrain and finish with single moves. The scry addon part could make suggestions what be more effective monitoring your moves.

The excavating addon should have the option to project shapes (built by squares) at possible locations once you find a green spot (don't show impossible projections). You mouse click the green spot and with up/down you move through the shape types (only show those belong to the rarity) and with left/right arrow you rotate.

Another mouse click for moving the shape to a different spot that includes the green spot (needed if the green spot is not the corner of a treasure) and use arrow keys again. Maybe this should be part of the above left/right arrow option as with big treasures there are not a lot of possibilities.

Anything else that might help and is allowed by Zenimax implement.
03/21/22, 02:31 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Afaik we got no way to read nor add stuff via addons to the excavation UI. It's blocked for reasons by ZOs.
03/21/22, 12:16 PM   #3
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
These games are mostly blocked from addon access to prevent any attempts at automating the game or making something tell you the right answers. At best, an addon would be allowed to give you general tips and tricks. But it cannot give you any answers or tell you where to click.
03/24/22, 02:15 PM   #4
Attizh
Well, with that cleared up, I really need an "Excavating For Dummies" book. I really need to see YT videos that go into detail how to do it. there are some videos, but none of them go into detail and I gain nothing form it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Excavating Addon