03/22/21, 02:04 PM   #1
Asstronaut
Crosshair/reticle in first person only?

Are there any addons that can hide the crosshair/reticle while in third person but show it while in first person? Have it disabled with Dryzler's as I like to centre the camera on my character but in first person I find it disorienting not having one. Thanks.
03/23/21, 07:42 AM   #2
awfuldead
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RTFO made a sketch, everything should work (after checking by moderators). BUT! Since the state of the camera at this moment cannot be obtained, for the add-on to work, you need to assign a different key to toggle between the first and third person(check screenshot to addon)
03/23/21, 08:13 AM   #3
Asstronaut
Edit again: Ah wait, I don't see any interaction prompt when in third person now.

Last edited by Asstronaut : 03/23/21 at 08:22 AM.
03/23/21, 08:30 AM   #4
awfuldead
Originally Posted by Asstronaut View Post
Edit again: Ah wait, I don't see any interaction prompt when in third person now.
I will fix it in the next hour
03/23/21, 09:31 AM   #5
Asstronaut
No hurry! It's really not urgent lol
03/23/21, 09:35 AM   #6
awfuldead
Originally Posted by Asstronaut View Post
No hurry! It's really not urgent lol
I have already fixed this, just wait until someone from the moderators checks the file and can update it

UPD: already can update it

Last edited by awfuldead : 03/23/21 at 09:56 AM.
03/23/21, 10:30 AM   #7
Asstronaut
Now the reticle is just on all the time :/

Last edited by Asstronaut : 03/23/21 at 10:59 AM.
03/23/21, 10:59 AM   #8
Asstronaut
Does the game not allow a key to be bound to 2 different things? Cuz if you could just make a function that toggles the crosshair on and off then it could be bound to the same key as first/thir person, OR if not I could just use autohotkey to hit an additional key whenever I toggle between camera modes.
03/24/21, 05:32 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No, the game does not allow to bind the same key to diffeernt things at the same scope.
You can install the addon "emacs" to be able to use SHIFT/CTRL/ALT+<key>, to get more keybinding possibilities.
Or disable the old keybind for the camera change and only bind the new one of the new addon provided here.
03/24/21, 11:47 AM   #10
Asstronaut
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
No, the game does not allow to bind the same key to diffeernt things at the same scope.
You can install the addon "emacs" to be able to use SHIFT/CTRL/ALT+<key>, to get more keybinding possibilities.
Or disable the old keybind for the camera change and only bind the new one of the new addon provided here.
I had disabled the old keybind and replaced it with this one but then there were a few issues. @awfuldead if you're reading this though it's really not important so don't worry about it. Was just wondering.
03/24/21, 03:44 PM   #11
awfuldead
I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. it works for me, hmm ...
03/25/21, 02:44 AM   #12
Asstronaut
I do have a lot of other addons. Not sure what else could be causing an incompatability but I'll disable them and see. Thanks again.
03/25/21, 02:51 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
There isa server-wide max keybind number ~200!
Try to disable all other addons, then only enable the one here and set the keybind. Most of the time too many addons adding keybinds will make the keybinds save "visually" for the session, but after a relaodui/logout the server didn't save them, due to this hidden max keybinds boundary.
So disabling addons and trying to check if the keybind works with ONLY this addon in question will show you if it's the server, or the addon causing the problem

If it's the server: You need to set the keybinds then with only a few addons enabled and after setting it reenable the addons you want to use.
Does not work at all times. Sometimes you even need to enable addons in packages and disable the set keybinds so the slots are free again and can be used for other addons.
You can use an addon manager/profile manager like "Addon Selector" to help you here.
You are able to enable/disable many addons by clicking one line and then SHIFT+left click another line below e.g. to "block mark" and enable/disable them.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/25/21 at 02:54 AM.
03/25/21, 02:53 AM   #14
Asstronaut
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
There isa server-wide max keybind number ~200!
Try to disable all other addons, then only enable the one here and set the keybind. Most of the time too many addons adding keybinds will make the keybinds save "visually" for the session, but after a relaodui/logout the server didn't save them, due to this hidden max keybinds boundary.
So disabling addons and trying to check if the keybind works with ONLY this addon in question will show you if it's the server, or the addon causing the problem

If it's the server: You need to set the keybinds then with only a few addons enabled and after setting it reenable the addons.
You can use an addon manager/profile manager like "Addon Selector" to help you here.
I can't imagine I have more than 200 keybinds but I'll try later and let you know.

E: Ok so with no other addons active it works perfectly fine. Which means I'm gonna have to go through them all one by one to check. That'll be fun lol.

E2: Ok the issue is Dryzler's reticle, which makes sense. Guess I can live with the vanilla one though.

Last edited by Asstronaut : 03/25/21 at 04:40 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Crosshair/reticle in first person only?