05/24/21, 04:18 AM   #1
BobRooney
Addon for Potion Cooldown Build

Hello

Im searching for an addon that simply switches between two different potions after i use one of those potions.

as an example: my potion cooldown build uses one immov-speed-restoreSTAM and one immov-speed-restoreMAG potion. So in order to get 100% uptime on major endurance and intellect i need to rotate between those two potions every 21secs wich is very annoying.

does someone know an addon that can do that switching reliably? even if a pot doesnt go off with just one button press?

ty
05/24/21, 05:42 AM   #2
Gandalf

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello,

the function that the ZOS API provides to addon programmers to use potions, has a restriction (is "protected") so it can not be called while in combat.
In my understanding, your bulid relays on using potions while in combat.

Therefore I don't think an addon can help you.

Last edited by Gandalf : 05/24/21 at 06:44 AM.
05/24/21, 06:48 AM   #3
BobRooney
The addon would have to check if the potion actually went off and if yes swap to the other potion. All of that would have to work while in Combat or while not in Combat.

If thats not possible because of API restrictions then i guess there is no way around that

thanks for the information Gandalf
05/24/21, 09:15 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The change of quickslots is also available duing combat. But you manually need to press the "use" keybinding!
So you could use e.g. quickslot helper addons like FCOStarveStop (auto switches to a chosen quickslot during combat/out of combat, depending on dungeon/AVA, missing food buff or if a potion runs out [as a reminder]), Static's Quickslot Profiles and Greymind Quickslotbar (the last 2 provide keybindings to manually select a quickslot, e.g. use F1 to F8 for the quickslots.
F1 is your potion 1, F2 the other.

FCOStarveStop reminds you as the potion is usable, and you'd only have to keep track/remember yourself if last potion used was the F1 or the F2 potion.
Press the other key then (if last was F2, perss F1), and after that the use keybind. Next time, press F2, after that F1 and so on.
Also helps to quickly switch to e.g. health potions at e.g. quickslot 8 and so on.

Before you ask: I won't add anymore logic into FCOStarveStop So sorry, this would be all that could be done for the moment.
05/24/21, 10:07 AM   #5
BobRooney
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The change of quickslots is also available duing combat. But you manually need to press the "use" keybinding!
Using the potions myself isnt rly a problem, its just the switching part. In a rough fight i might just die when i have to focus on potion rotations.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
FCOStarveStop reminds you as the potion is usable, and you'd only have to keep track/remember yourself if last potion used was the F1 or the F2 potion.
Press the other key then (if last was F2, perss F1), and after that the use keybind. Next time, press F2, after that F1 and so on.
yeah i suppose that will be my best option then, or just play without potion swap and lose a bit of recovery(77,1 mag/sec )

i do think pot cd builds will be very good in blackwood though so maybe more ppl will want such an addon^^

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon for Potion Cooldown Build