06/07/21, 05:48 AM   #1
lonemonkey

Question Gamepad issue with crafting stations

HI, i'm not sure where else to ask this but:

When i interact with any crafting station using gamepad, all of the UI is blank.
No items to craft, no materials to use, no style stones and no traits.

Switching to PC mode i am able to see and use the crafting station UI normally.
Also, having any writs auto creates the items needed as normal in both gamepad and PC modes.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?
Mod related or game related to the gamepad functionality?

(also waiting for some kind soul to make the viewing of items market value in gamepad mode functional via a gamepad again - KelasPadUI is still unable to be used)

Thank you.
06/07/21, 08:10 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you disable ALL addons and libraris already and tried if it shows up properly then?

If not:
Seems to be a game's bug, try to repair the client and try again.
Report it in the official ESO forums.

If yes:
Enable only a few addons, crafting related e.g. and check which addon is causing this.

But disable ALL addons like TweakIt, No Thank You, BugGeater that "eat" your lua error messages and watch the lua error messages!
Most time if some UI is broken any lua error message appears before, at login already or later as you interact with the crafting tables.

As you meniond writs start to enabled addons e.g. Dolgubons Lazy Writ Crafter etc. first that are crafting related.

You can also install the addon LibDebugLogger and DebugLogViewer additionally.
In the settings of DebugLogViewer, in the submenu LibDebugLogger, enable the "Stack traceback" and do a reloadui.
Then check the DebugLogViewer UI (at the bottom right of your screen, you are able to click the small gear icon and open the alternativ UI, which is bigger).
At the top left of that UI switch to "Current UI load" and check the list for any red lines with error messages that appeared before the chat was ready.
It's easier to find error messages tha way.

You can disable LibDebugLogger and DebugLogViewer (if none of your addons uses them) again if you want to play normally.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/07/21 at 08:14 AM.
06/07/21, 07:25 PM   #3
lonemonkey

Issue could be server side

I disabled all addons today while i was on the EU server, My usual server is NA so took the opportunity to test the update someone provided for KelaspadUI while i was able to.

EU server
I disabled all addons then tested if i could use crafting stations
Stations were all working.
I enabled addons one at a time starting with crafting ones first
Stations were all working.
I enabled the rest of the addons checking one at a time
End result - All stations working.

This had me stumped for a bit, but the NA server was up so i could try again there.

NA server
I disabled all addons then tested if i could uses crafting statins
I could not, No stations showed any items for me to create, No materials, no styles & no traits.

Does this mean their is an issue with the NA servers gamepad UI at the stations?

I guess this is something for the official ZOS forum?
Thank you again.
06/08/21, 07:05 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I disabled all addons then tested if i could uses crafting statins
I could not, No stations showed any items for me to create, No materials, no styles & no traits.
ehrm, do you own any items on NA that could be shown?
And did you research any traits on NA so that you are able to craft anything?
Did you check the checkboxes at the crafting tables top already and changed them? They filter known/unknown styles/traits/materials etc.

If this all does not help I'm lost. Disable the Gamepad mode and check in keyboard mode. If items are shown it's some weird ZOs bug maybe.

You could logout and try to delete (backup it before doing so!) the following file:
live/SavedVariables/ZO_Ingame.lua

It contains the settings of lua controls that Zos uses for the vanilla UI, like crafting tables's checkboxes.
Maybe something got broken.

If this also oes not help you need to raise a /bug ingame.
06/08/21, 09:57 AM   #5
lonemonkey

Thumbs up

Do you own any items on NA that could be shown? And did you research any traits on NA so that you are able to craft anything?
Yes, I have researched nearly all traits on all items, I have a lot of styles learned, more than plenty style stones and vast amounts of materials - NA is my main play server.

While the NA server was down for a hotfix, I went to test it out on the EU server and I can use the crafting stations their with no problems in both Gamepad and Keyboard/PC mode. The problem only appeared after update 30 (Blackwood) and I haven't been able to craft any items on any station, unless they are a writ, where they are auto created without me selecting.

Did you check the checkboxes at the crafting tables top already and changed them? They filter known/unknown styles/traits/materials etc.
Now this, this I hadn't known about, because it's not an option I can directly see, nor is it something I have ever used (to my knowledge) - lo and behold, this was the answer! Sometimes the simplest answer is often overlooked when you can't see the wood for the trees. The checkbox was ticked on "Quest only" for some reason. Which is why it looked like their was an issue or bug with the gamepad on the server rather than a mod.

Thank you for being helpful and giving an intelligent response, and it's no surprise from a master addon maker that you would give anything less.
Thank you.

The other person deserves no acknowledgement.
06/09/21, 04:44 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by lonemonkey View Post
The other person deserves no acknowledgement.
Glad it helped and it works for you but writing such sentences will make me stop helping you if you really mean it that way!
Sorry to say, this sucks and is disrespectfull and wrong.

He tried to help, no matter what the results were. Writing such words will just make everyone stop to even try to help.
It's not about any competition nor any reward and bonus points here! It's the community helping each other, for free, without any payment ot whatever recognition.

I also do not want to be called "master addon maker" or similar. I'm just an addon dev, but also a simple user. And a normal human with feelings like "the other guy" as well!
There is no difference between you the other guy who tried to help, or me.
We are all equal here, maybe only at different experience levels related to addon and development.
But this got nothing to do with the answers nor how to speak or handle us a human beeings please.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/09/21 at 04:46 AM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Gamepad issue with crafting stations