06/23/14, 04:03 PM   #1
Rattlesnake

Unhappy No Internet Connection

Hey

I posted it in the other Thread, where I got no answer. So I decided to open a new Thread for it, hope I'll get help this way.

"Minion is unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your firewall, security, and proxy settings."
That's the message i got after opening Minion.
I don't know if it's nessasary but i also got an error during the installation with the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redisputable. It told me i got a newer version of it even after deleting my version of it before installing.

BTT: I disabled my Firewalls, the one from ESET and also the one from my router. After it didn't work i disabled every security i got on my pc. Deinstalled Minion and Re-Installed it, surely with Admin-rights. The problem maintains. I'm really clueless what blocks Minions' Connection.
I hope someone can tell me, and how to solve it too.

I'm using Win 7, 64 Bit.

Greetz

Here are both files

XML
Warning: Spoiler

Log
Warning: Spoiler
06/24/14, 09:20 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I don't know if it's nessasary but i also got an error during the installation with the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redisputable. It told me i got a newer version of it even after deleting my version of it before installing.
Did you remove all versions? There might be a x64, x86 and a patch security update. Either way it should not matter because if Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 was not installed correctly it wouldn't even load past the splash screen with the logo.

Sorry I must have missed it. It's always better to start a new thread anyways because the cause for the error is rarely the same.

I've sent your log on to our java programmer to see if he can see anything more. However I can see that Minion can't even download the font we use from https://api.mmoui.com/fonts.
  • Are you using any internet accelerator applications?
  • Are you using any browser plugins to view region locked video?
  • What is your default internet browser?
  • Are you using a proxy?
  • Are you using a "Killer nic" (if you dont know what that is it s a brand network card and comes with some software)?

Thank you for posting your log and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
06/24/14, 09:30 AM   #3
Rattlesnake

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
  • Are you using any internet accelerator applications? No
  • Are you using any browser plugins to view region locked video? Yes, I use ProxMate. It's a Chrome plugin
  • What is your default internet browser? Google Chrome
  • Are you using a proxy? I use a VPN, but not always, just from time to time
  • Are you using a "Killer nic" (if you dont know what that is it s a brand network card and comes with some software)? I got a "Bogfoot Networks Killer Network Manager" and the Card from it too
Thx for helping me, and I also hope we can solve this prob. There is no alternative to Minion
06/24/14, 09:47 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you try disabling the ProxMate extension? Then try Minion?

The Killer Network Manager has been known to have issues with some applications and games (even new games like EverQuest Landmark). I know a few people here have removed their Killer Network Manager but I don't want to suggest that as it could stop your internet connection possibly?

First I would open their network manager and see if there is any firewall enabled that could be blocking Minion. If you are unable to find anything this has been suggested many times for many different games when searching google:

If you go to \Program Files\Bigfoot Networks\Killer Network Manager\ with a cmd prompt, then run "killertool -lsp-unmap", it resolves a lot of the problems that this networking card has.
Source Or search google for "killertool -lsp-unmap".
06/24/14, 10:34 AM   #5
Rattlesnake

ProxMate had no effect on it, but the one with that one with the Killertool was the right one
I haven't even thought that it would be that programm, who denies the connection.

I really thank you for that help

Greetz

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » No Internet Connection