10/24/20, 09:40 PM   #1
kooliloach
Offline Timer

I have and am aware of research timers that work while I am playing ESO but I want one that will be able to work while I am eating dinner, and (after eating dinner) I can simply look up the program and see if it is best to log into ESO right then and reset some of my characters to do more research, or if I have enough time to watch a movie on Netflix. It would be a nice bonus to consider when to upgrade/train/feed my horse as well, and if you asked others about timers, I am certain they would come up with other things to make timers for. I figure that if an addon can record my research time while logged in and display it (while logged in), then why not use an addon to collect that information, compare that to the current computer time and be able to display the time left, or even if a character finished his/her research. The closest addon/client I can find here is Timers of Nirn. I would love to sample it, but the links to setup an account there or to simply download the client or even access their website are not working. putting this program in the background (and allowing me to access it in the bottom right corner of screen) would be ideal. Having a seperate program/client to be loaded to have the information displayed would still be good. I am hesitant to use a website since there is so much that can go wrong with accessing/using websites. (TIMERS of NIRN is a great example of what can go wrong with accessing/using websites)
p.s. I have an android phone, Windows 10, and The built in version of Excel (which appears to use a website)

Last edited by kooliloach : 10/24/20 at 11:48 PM. Reason: additional information
10/25/20, 01:58 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are looking for something called a "companion app". Lucky for you there is already such a thing: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er&hl=en&gl=US
10/25/20, 03:51 PM   #3
kooliloach
Wow, Thanks for the quick response... I can't find where it acquires my data and then displays it, other phone apps require me to type in data, how is this one going to log in and acquire the necessary data ? I did say " I figure that if an addon can record my research time while logged in and display it (while logged in), then why not use an addon to collect that information, compare that to the current computer time and be able to display the time left, or even if a character finished his/her research." In my search, I have found online Excel spreadsheets that also require me to type in data. how do I get the app you mentioned to acquire all my data ?
10/25/20, 04:22 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AddOns need to save the data as SavedVariables in your folder live/SavedVariables.
Read here how to find the addons folder. It's live/AddOns, so you are able to find live/SavedVariables easily:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install

And these mobile apps most likely depend on an addon which you need to install to dump the research timers to the SavedVariables, then upload the SavedVariables somehow to the app.
I bet the app explains what is to do where in it's description at the app store? Or after installing it maybe.
And if this is not supported you manually need to keep track of the changes ingame by just clicking the stuff at the same time in your app then I guess.

Maybe this addon (there also exists a windows tool for this,s aerch for igor) is a helper as well if it still works:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...Assistant.html

Last edited by Baertram : 10/25/20 at 04:26 PM.
10/26/20, 12:17 AM   #5
kooliloach
Thanks for the response. I will check that one out... I have found a similar addon that is Very similar to your description and Timers of Nirn's description. The addon is named "uespLog" It can be installed with minion, it saves way more information that I wanted and makes it available on a website (It saves a lua file in the savedvariables directory. The website records all of my characters that I log off of (obviously I have to log on first before I can log off). The addon (uespLog) isn't quite what I was hoping for... but it will do for now. uespLog is very configurable, and I was impressed with all the things I could configure. The only thing I didn't like about uespLog was having to consistantly refresh the webpage for results... For example if I had 12 hours left on my next research, then leaving that page up for a few hours would continue show my next research would be finished in 12 hours... I have to refresh the page to get an updated amount of time left. I would prefer something that I could watch do a countdown.... But doing a refresh of the webpage will work until I find something better. Again, Thank you.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Offline Timer