08/19/23, 08:10 AM   #1
Frau10125
Guild Store Percentage and Profit Margin overlap

Hi, thanks for trying to help.

I have read the "PLEASE READ BEFORE" and searched through multiple key words on both this FAQ and MM's forums questions. I cannot for the life of me figure out what happened.

Before, the percentage was on top and the profit was right underneath now they overlap and it's annoying lol. and I've only found that disabling MM works but I want both MM and ATT installed.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PXL_20230725_135742385~2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1607  
08/19/23, 03:50 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So look at the situation this way. Say for example in programming you can specify information to be used in that list. Then compare that functionality to a word processor like Word. You can left or right justify the text or center it. With ESO you have similar options but you can't tell ESO when more then one mod is placing text in the same location just deal with it and adjust it.

The second thing is people will post from time to time that this never happened before when the author has not updated the behavior they are reporting recently.

So I apologize all mods have this issue regardless of whether or not it is text or a marker when they specify the location and the text. It will probably be centered and override something like you are showing. There is no incompatibility, nothing changed, it's not anything intentional, and so on.

I usually try to improve MM when possible so what is the reason for having both installed? The deal calculator for MM can have MM values or you can use TTC values. Then you can show the percent or the value in gold. Because MM can when activated trim outliers then using two programs with different ways to calculate the data will mean you may end up with two values but they are not using the same data. So the percent and the value shown are different because of different calculations.

In addition to that the height and width of the line in the guild store is limited so displaying both is not possible without maybe making the text so small it is not readable.

What are you trying to achieve?

NOTE: I would also like to mention that my screen is 1920 x 1080 and it is not hi-def or 4k. That list of items seems longer then the list on my screen. So if you have UI mods like Perfect Pixel and a larger monitor then you might want to try just enabling MM and ATT and see how that looks. Then if you enable other mods and the values superimpose over one another then that's the cause.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/19/23 at 09:24 PM.
08/20/23, 11:53 AM   #3
Frau10125
Thank you so much, it was Perfect Pixel
So S.O. uninstalled ATT and configured MM the way I needed.

Truly appreciate the detailed response and all the work you do for the ESO community.
Link to Buy you a coffee?
08/21/23, 01:09 AM   #4
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://sharlikran.github.io/

You may peruse my Autobiography page if you like. You're welcome I hope it works for you. Also at that link are all of my web pages, and one is the MM documentation under 'ESOUI Code Collection' if you or anyone wants to take a look.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Guild Store Percentage and Profit Margin overlap