04/10/14, 08:47 AM   #1
FerventPiranha
[Request] Ultimate counter

I haven't seen an addon that specifically does this, but I would like to see a counter for ultimate. The Nightblade ultimate Death Stroke does damage based on amount of ultimate, so getting a ballpark idea of most bang-for-buck would be nice to know, for example. I believe Foundry Tactical Combat has this functionality built-in with just a number displayed above the button for the ultimate. However I'd rather not run that significant an addon for just a tiny feature. Any help would be appreciated.
04/10/14, 09:57 AM   #2
Ruimuuv
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was actually looking into this myself for the exact same reason. Hopefully this evening after I get home from college I can put something together quickly.
04/10/14, 10:32 AM   #3
FerventPiranha
Originally Posted by Ruimuuv View Post
I was actually looking into this myself for the exact same reason. Hopefully this evening after I get home from college I can put something together quickly.
I don't specifically know how they do it, but it looks like the functionality is in-game. I haven't worked with API besides modifying some minor code details but I have some programming experience and will help however I can. Thanks.
04/10/14, 12:29 PM   #4
StealthStalker
Something like a warhammer Morale bar would be great for me.
04/10/14, 06:32 PM   #5
Kith
The addon i've been working on to "enhance" the stock UI has a text overlay for Ultimate (both value and just percentage). Its still more than you actually want, but would be more lightweight than FTC as I don't do nearly as much (no SCT and the like). Should be posted in the next day or two once I finish some testing and adding the last bits of configuration.
04/10/14, 08:07 PM   #6
FerventPiranha
I appreciate the input Kith. I'll definitely check it out when posted. Thanks.

EDIT: looks like Kith's addon does exactly what I wanted, as well as eliminating/replacing a few other addons I use. Thanks for the hard work!

Last edited by FerventPiranha : 04/11/14 at 06:07 AM. Reason: updated
04/11/14, 02:04 PM   #7
Ruimuuv
I've also just submitted a small add-on that only displays the ultimate charge if you're going for truly bare-bones. There isn't currently much customization available, but it gets the job done. (Plus or minus a bug or two.)

I'd also like to include the amount of ultimate needed for the highest damage, but after searching and searching I was unable to find a function that will give that much detail about the abilities. Maybe after using the display for a while I'll be able to figure out what the value is and just hardcode it in.
04/11/14, 04:39 PM   #8
FerventPiranha
Originally Posted by Ruimuuv View Post
I've also just submitted a small add-on that only displays the ultimate charge if you're going for truly bare-bones. There isn't currently much customization available, but it gets the job done. (Plus or minus a bug or two.)

I'd also like to include the amount of ultimate needed for the highest damage, but after searching and searching I was unable to find a function that will give that much detail about the abilities. Maybe after using the display for a while I'll be able to figure out what the value is and just hardcode it in.
I'll also check yours out. I appreciate the time that went into it. I was wondering about the scaling of Death Stroke, too, among others.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Ultimate counter