03/28/14, 01:59 PM   #1
TheSweeney

Minimize to Tray and Start with Windows

First off, I absolutely love Minion. While I'll probably continue to use Curse for WoW when World of Warcraft support arrives, I enjoy the application for use with Elder Scrolls Online. However, the app is missing two key features that would make it that much better.

Firstly, Minion does not have a 'Minimize to Tray' feature like other addon managers. This is a key feature for me, as it allows the addon manager to run in the background and stay up-to-date without me having to remember to initiate it once or twice a week to keep the manager and the addons up to date. It's not a huge exertion, but it would be an awesome convenience to be able to default both the 'Minimize' and 'Close' buttons to minimizing the app to the System Tray (background on OS X).

Secondly, it's missing an option to start with Windows. I know, I know, I can manually set the application to start at login on both Windows and OS X, but some users may not know how to do this. Having a toggle in the settings so that the application starts when Windows starts, minimized to the tray like Curse, would work hand in hand with the above feature.

By adding both of these, users would never have to launch Minion manually again to keep addons or Minion up to date, instead opening it up to add new addons.
03/28/14, 02:33 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi TheSweeney,

Thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it. I agree and have added those feature requests to the board to take a look at. It might be a little bit before we get to them as we have a good backlog of bugs and other features we need to address first.
05/31/14, 09:30 PM   #3
Kevinmon
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi TheSweeney,

Thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it. I agree and have added those feature requests to the board to take a look at. It might be a little bit before we get to them as we have a good backlog of bugs and other features we need to address first.
Please add this feature ASAP!!!! Should be high up on the list!!!!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minimize to Tray and Start with Windows