06/28/14, 09:37 AM   #1
METALPUNKS
Disclaimer? Checked add on

So yesterday after updating a few add ons with minion I now have this add on called disclaimer. Not sure if this is connected but my game kept crashing a lot so I unchecked the disclaimer addon and now my game runs perfect. What is this?! Anyone else have it.
06/28/14, 09:44 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Do you remember what AddOns you updated? I'd like to check them out. You could look in your addon folder and sort by date.

Thanks
06/28/14, 10:37 AM   #3
METALPUNKS
So after downloading a addon called datadeadra I started to crash a lot and then noticed this disclaimer. The add on checks prices of stuff while you play.
06/28/14, 10:55 AM   #4
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by METALPUNKS View Post
So after downloading a addon called datadeadra I started to crash a lot and then noticed this disclaimer. The add on checks prices of stuff while you play.
DataDaedra does not have disclaimer.txt in the package and even if it does not work for me, my game does not crash with this addon. I believe this issue is caused by some other addon. Try to find file named disclaimer.txt.
06/28/14, 11:05 AM   #5
METALPUNKS
Currently the add-ons I'm using are

FTC
Lore books
Sky shards
Inventory item outline
Weapon charge alert
Craft store
Craft compare
Luminary teleport
Price check
Datadeadra
Bank manager
Research assistant

I think that's all
06/28/14, 11:16 AM   #6
CrazyDutchGuy

Currently the add-ons I'm using are

FTC
Lore books
Sky shards
Inventory item outline
Weapon charge alert
Craft store
Craft compare
Luminary teleport
Price check
Datadeadra
Bank manager
Research assistant

I think that's all
none of these all have a disclaimer.txt file in them

Can you look in your adddon folder and search for a disclaimer.txt file. It should be in one of the sub addon folders. Report if you find which addon it is
06/28/14, 12:01 PM   #7
zgrssd
So yesterday after updating a few add ons with minion I now have this add on called disclaimer. Not sure if this is connected but my game kept crashing a lot so I unchecked the disclaimer addon and now my game runs perfect. What is this?! Anyone else have it.
By the new addon rules we are required to put this disclaimer as a readme.txt into the Addon folder:
"This Add-on is not created by, affiliated with or sponsored by ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. The Elder Scrolls® and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved."

There is also a bug:
If a .txt file lies in the samer folder as a valid Addon Manifest (also .txt files), it is treated as another manifest and shown as Addon in the manager. However those are eternally out of date (no API version means nothing to check against) and since they contain no proper manifest orders nothing will happen because of them.

I solved this issue by naming my readme just "readme", without a .txt ending. Still can be opened with any notepad and does not confues the addon detection.
06/28/14, 12:31 PM   #8
METALPUNKS
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
By the new addon rules we are required to put this disclaimer as a readme.txt into the Addon folder:
"This Add-on is not created by, affiliated with or sponsored by ZeniMax Media Inc. or its affiliates. The Elder Scrolls® and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved."

There is also a bug:
If a .txt file lies in the samer folder as a valid Addon Manifest (also .txt files), it is treated as another manifest and shown as Addon in the manager. However those are eternally out of date (no API version means nothing to check against) and since they contain no proper manifest orders nothing will happen because of them.

I solved this issue by naming my readme just "readme", without a .txt ending. Still can be opened with any notepad and does not confues the addon detection.
So what do I do? I'm sorry I don't really understand all this.
06/28/14, 12:33 PM   #9
CrazyDutchGuy

Look in your addon folders and search for a disclaimer.txt file and report the addon which has that file.
06/28/14, 01:07 PM   #10
METALPUNKS
Originally Posted by CrazyDutchGuy View Post
Look in your addon folders and search for a disclaimer.txt file and report the addon which has that file.
I'm looking but I'm not really sure where to look. I just now discovered the add on folder I think.
06/28/14, 02:41 PM   #11
katkat42
In your home documents folder (on Windows it's either called "My Documents" or "Documents"), there should be a folder called "Elder Scrolls Online". In there is a subfolder that is either called "live" or "liveeu". In there is a folder called "AddOns". Somewhere within this folder, one of its subfolders, or one of its sub-subfolders, is a file named "disclaimer.txt" that is causing you problems. Once you find it, you can rename it "disclaimer" without an extension, or "disclaimer.md" or something like that.
06/28/14, 03:18 PM   #12
METALPUNKS
Originally Posted by katkat42 View Post
In your home documents folder (on Windows it's either called "My Documents" or "Documents"), there should be a folder called "Elder Scrolls Online". In there is a subfolder that is either called "live" or "liveeu". In there is a folder called "AddOns". Somewhere within this folder, one of its subfolders, or one of its sub-subfolders, is a file named "disclaimer.txt" that is causing you problems. Once you find it, you can rename it "disclaimer" without an extension, or "disclaimer.md" or something like that.
Awesome so once I rename it do I keep it checked off in the add ons in game or deselect it?
06/28/14, 03:43 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Once you rename it, it shouldn't show up on your in-game list at all.
06/28/14, 04:13 PM   #14
METALPUNKS
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Once you rename it, it shouldn't show up on your in-game list at all.
I really appreciate the time you took to help me but I cannot find it at all. The only thing I see is I'm the add on settings and it says disclaimer '0'
06/28/14, 04:28 PM   #15
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
okay,

Which addons do you have installed ?

Another option to determine which of your addons is causing the problem is by removing all your addons and add them one at a time and see what the addon menu says each time. When the disclaimer one appears the last addon you installed is more than likely the culprit.
06/28/14, 09:19 PM   #16
METALPUNKS
This is every add on used or now have on since the latest patch

Price check
Bank manager
Craft compare
Craftstore
FTC
Harvens custom pins
Harvens potions alerts
Harvest map
Inventoryitemborders
Item saver
Loot drop
Merchants
Mundus map
Raieta subtitles
Recount
Research assistant
Skyshards
Sous chef
Swaps(swap skills)
Luminary teleport
Treasure maps
Weapon charge alert
Zrmm

Also just to note, I just noticed this. I have the price trackerfolder but I also have a folder labeled _macosx, inside this folder is another price tracker folder. What's that all about?!
06/29/14, 04:44 AM   #17
Garkin

Price check
Bank manager
Craft compare
Craftstore
FTC
Harvens custom pins
Harvens potions alerts
Harvest map
Inventoryitemborders
Item saver
Loot drop
Merchants
Mundus map
Raieta subtitles
Recount
Research assistant
Skyshards
Sous chef
Swaps(swap skills)
Luminary teleport
Treasure maps
Weapon charge alert
Zrmm

Also just to note, I just noticed this. I have the price trackerfolder but I also have a folder labeled _macosx, inside this folder is another price tracker folder. What's that all about?!
  • Mundus Map (the latest vesion) contains two .txt files, change extension of Readme.txt to something else, for example .rtf. Otherwise you will have "Readme" addon in the addons list.
  • Mitsarugi's TreasureMaps are outdated and it seems that he is not going to update it. I recommend installing CrazyDutchGuy's Lost Treasure instead.
  • Folder _macosx can be safely ignored or deleted. However the latest version of Price Tracker does not contain this folder, are you sure that you have installed the latest version of this addon?

Last edited by Garkin : 06/29/14 at 04:47 AM.
06/29/14, 05:08 AM   #18
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member

Price check
Bank manager
Craft compare
Craftstore
FTC
Harvens custom pins
Harvens potions alerts
Harvest map
Inventoryitemborders
Item saver
Loot drop
Merchants
Mundus map
Raieta subtitles
Recount
Research assistant
Skyshards
Sous chef
Swaps(swap skills)
Luminary teleport
Treasure maps
Weapon charge alert
Zrmm

Well just gone through all but a couple ( Price Check, FTC, Raieta Subtitles ) which I can't find on this site under those names and none of the addons have a readme.txt. So either it is one of the 3 I couldn't find or they have fixed the issue now, so you might want to update your addons and see if that resolves the problem.
06/29/14, 04:32 PM   #19
katkat42
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Well just gone through all but a couple ( Price Check, FTC, Raieta Subtitles ) which I can't find on this site under those names and none of the addons have a readme.txt. So either it is one of the 3 I couldn't find or they have fixed the issue now, so you might want to update your addons and see if that resolves the problem.
FTC is short for Foundry Tactical Combat. It doesn't have any problematic files.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Disclaimer? Checked add on