01/11/16, 05:12 PM   #21
Alpha
Originally Posted by Lucifer66 View Post
OK well let's just end this now. Really you guys just don't want to do this and the ones that are authors are saying they can't do it so it seems pretty futile at this point. I really don't want to make anyone angry, it just sounded like a reasonable request to me. But I made my case and couldn't get anyone to listen so that's that.

I still haven't changed my point of view on the morality of it though, just so you know and if there is a way I'll figure it out.
I cant say as i blame you . i would love to see your idea as well. its a real pain to have a 2 handed weapon yet you can only use 1 or 2 attacks form it becasue you are using your DK Skills And then you can't even really play. it brakes the Experience fully having to do this. in all honesty i am not really sure what ESO was thanking when they did it this way.. sure you can switch between 2 sets of skills however there's allot of skills that unless you have them set on the bar that's currently active its effects vanish As soon as you Swap. game play is broken becasue of this fact.. But if you had access to 10 Skill slots you could Chose 5 Weapon skills and 5 Other Skills... a DK could tank, a healer could heal and a Damage dealer would be able to benefit form some skills that require you to have Multiple skills within a set Slotted.. what is the point in a Dk's Abilities when almost all the buffs require having all 5 of them slotted, then when you attack all you can do is use the Slotted abilities belonging to the DK.. As for using the weapons Well your S-Outta Luck there. it makes no sense at all having it this way.. Sure the weapon swap is a nice thing.. but the skills part of it are severely broken... So i feel ya and i totally agree with you. Good luck with that. its for this very reason i Dropped the subscription as soon as they made it possible to do and still play.. if not for this fact i would still be paying the Premium for this game, but yea Not being able to Benefit form the very points i put into a DK skill set to boost the abilities of that skill set. totally pointless and a total waist of skill points. GOOD Luck with that Endeavor becasue ill be honest even if i where to have my account deleted for using an add-on that made that possible i still would use it becasue its just a no brainier. 5 Skills that you only can use 2 attacks slotted or no skills and 5 attacks, VS 5 attacks and 5 non attack skill Well duh ill chose the 10 Slots any day over the BS that's currently there. i mean i spend more time dead and trying to repair then i get to actually play the game becasue of this fact. so yea point made. PS: i know this is an old post but i totally agree with the 10 slot idea, so i had to put in my 2 cents.

Last edited by Alpha : 01/11/16 at 05:19 PM.
01/11/16, 07:47 PM   #22
coolmodi
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What a wall of text.

But no, the game is not broken because you have limited number of slots, it would be broken without. I could use ALL passives (and they are all really strong to offset the lost slot), and still ALL utility skills, while not lacking dmg skills, and maybe even heal on the same bar.

The whole game wouldn't work anymore.

You'd need CDs on everything, weaker buffs, weaker utility skills, it would just suck. Right now there are a lot of strong spells, but you can't have all of them.

Last edited by coolmodi : 01/11/16 at 07:50 PM.
01/17/16, 09:54 PM   #23
Alpha
Originally Posted by coolmodi View Post
What a wall of text.

But no, the game is not broken because you have limited number of slots, it would be broken without. I could use ALL passives (and they are all really strong to offset the lost slot), and still ALL utility skills, while not lacking dmg skills, and maybe even heal on the same bar.

The whole game wouldn't work anymore.

You'd need CDs on everything, weaker buffs, weaker utility skills, it would just suck. Right now there are a lot of strong spells, but you can't have all of them.
well we all will just have to agree to disagree. becasue all i am hearing is Others personal opinions and that's exactly what i posted as well is my personal opinion. i thank its broken becasue you have way more then 5 skills .. heck you even have way more then 10 Skills that you could select form.. i would rather there only be one bar period and 10 slots. without the weapon and skill swap then to have it the way it is. because just as i stated i cant even tank no madder what i do. tanking is impossible for me becasue of how its set up. and healing is almost as hard. So i am not going to argue either. it is what it is. and i hate it. that's all there is to it. i said my peace. so im outta here.
01/18/16, 03:06 AM   #24
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Your opinion makes me think that you should try another game or try to adopt to the current "5 skills per weapon set" behaviour.
Other players might give you a hint how to tank, or what skills to use to be able to tank better.
But changing the game is not the right way (at least if it's not your private singleplayer offline game without influence on others )
01/18/16, 05:00 AM   #25
Ayantir

Please dont' necropost,

Just consider what is "Gameplay orientation". TESO one is based on "nervous game", "Gamepad game", "Few skills, strongs choices".

If you prefer "Lot skills, few choices", you can play to others games.

If it's a Learn to play issue, you got plenty of advices on official forums, or others more specialized ones.
01/19/16, 06:50 AM   #26
@AlphaLemming

ESO is made to fit consoles and its controller, so there are only 5[6] skill slots to handle them with such a crappy gamepad. Real PC-Games does not have such limitations. That is the reason why you can not get more skill slots and there are no addon out there, who would risk a ban to do so.

P.S. i only read the first page^^.

Last edited by @AlphaLemming : 01/20/16 at 03:23 AM.
01/19/16, 08:29 PM   #27
Randactyl
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Please dont' necropost
not even our forums are safe from the Worm Cultists...
01/20/16, 12:54 PM   #28
Halja

Yup love the necroposts and people always want more. They call deliberate design decisions of ZOS as broken items for inventive Add-on to fix.

In a simplistic form, the API for the active ability bar is a fixed size integer array of six items. One of those is for an Ultimate. It becomes two arrays when you reach high enough level. Technically there is a third when certain Ultimate are active. The thing is only one array/set can fire/execute off one of abilities at a time. All the rest are blocked/inactive. There is no bypass available. You can switch between bars but abilities themselves can only be changed outside of combat.

The comments about the potion bar work because that ‘array list’ is read/write, can be changed during combat, and the effects override each other. Combat abilities are temporal and may even stack on the target(s). Hence one of the reasons ZOS locks them.

An Add-on could fill the screen with buttons for all the abilities but it would be fairly pointless because the six slot ability bars are read only during combat. There are a couple decent add-ons which help with configuring and swapping abilities outside of combat.

You have five abilities and one Ultimate active at any one moment. Mix and match and leverage the bar swapping for different situations or be the dull one and one button spam the FOM ability. Two-hand Wrecking blow and dual weld Whirlwinds are popular right now.
01/20/16, 08:03 PM   #29
JC242

Wink

Originally Posted by Halja View Post
Yup love the necroposts and people always want more. They call deliberate design decisions of ZOS as broken items for inventive Add-on to fix.
But, but, but... it was such a reasonable request! Surely, developers can find a way around API limitations, right?

To be honest, I thought the same thing when starting out, especially before I got to level 15 and figured out the weapon-swap mechanic. I honestly thought it was a by-product of making the game "dumbed-down" for console players. I know (and think) differently, now.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out which skills to slot to shut down the other guy's ROFLstomp wrecking blow's and the macros he's using to pull off six of them in a row inside the space of two or three seconds. If you haven't seen that, you haven't met the stam-sorc gankers I run into in the IC sewers.

I think I veered way off-topic here. Ignore this.
02/10/21, 12:23 PM   #30
Promoplus
can use all skill slots

Not sure if anyone has an answer, Im waiting for eso cs ... I have one character, my first I made, that does not have access to the 5 position on the skill bar. This happened a few months ago, since then i have a brand new computer and new download of full game with same problem i had previous.... So in essence if I put a skill in the 5 position on my skill bar I cant use it, no addon no addon UI or other UI, if I take off all addons it doesn't matter, Im just posting here for anyone else's thoughts. I don't want to delete this character.
02/10/21, 01:04 PM   #31
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Logout, remove the live/Addons folder (see here how to find the correct folder: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858)
Rename/Delete the files live/SavedVariables/ZO_Ingame
Rename/Delete the file live/shader_cache.cooked.
Use the launchers repair functionality to repair your game client and files.

Then login and try to play without any addon installed.
Use standard/default settings.

If this does not help:
Use /bug ingame and raise a ticket asking for help.
02/10/21, 01:31 PM   #32
Scootworks

Originally Posted by Promoplus View Post
Not sure if anyone has an answer, Im waiting for eso cs ... I have one character, my first I made, that does not have access to the 5 position on the skill bar. This happened a few months ago, since then i have a brand new computer and new download of full game with same problem i had previous.... So in essence if I put a skill in the 5 position on my skill bar I cant use it, no addon no addon UI or other UI, if I take off all addons it doesn't matter, Im just posting here for anyone else's thoughts. I don't want to delete this character.
just curious: did you try it with different skills or a specific one? if specific, which skill?
02/11/21, 07:12 PM   #33
Tacit_MT
Originally Posted by Promoplus View Post
Can you put a skill on the bar, but just not activate it? If that's the case, did the keybind for that ability slot get deleted? (Controls/Standard Keybinds/Combat/Ability xx)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » More Skill Slots?