03/14/19, 05:15 AM   #1
Kiksadi
Prov's libGarfield?

Prov's libGarfield: WARNING : `` is outdated! Ask the author to use a chat library like `libChat3`.

Anyone have any idea what add-on this is for or what the issue is? I have libGarfield and libChat3 installed.
03/14/19, 01:52 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Come on, did you read the description of the libraries already? It's written in there what they do

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...hatplayer.html
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ireUpdate.html
03/14/19, 03:20 PM   #3
Kiksadi
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Come on, did you read the description of the libraries already? It's written in there what they do

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...hatplayer.html
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ireUpdate.html
Alright, if you're going to assume I didn't read it (which I did)... The error is supposed to tell you which add-on it is but it comes up without a name. I don't understand the add-ons or the code and haven't been playing ESO very long, which happens to be my first and only MMO. You're being very presumptuous and condescending, and my question was an honest question because I really don't understand it. I'm not being "lazy" as some might be. I went through my add-ons one by one and read both links and I just don't get it.
03/14/19, 03:27 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, but it's most likely written in the description of the libraries, that's what I wanted to point at
Sorry, You did not say you have read or checked it already.
Here are a lot of ppl who just don't read and want the answer, which we are not able top provide in all cases.
The more detail you provide, what you did/did not/don't know, the easier it is to follow and help.

From libChat3:

Code:
Who uses libChat3 ?

Provision's Twemoji Support (= Discord's emoji) 
... and hopefully many more to come!
Do you use this addon? Or any other "Provisions" addon?

If not, try to instal lthe freeware text editor Notepad++ and use it's functionalit from the menu
"Search" -> "Find in files".
Then specify your AddOns directory like e.g.
"C:\Users\your windows username here\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns"
and search for libGarfield or libChat

Maybe it will tell you which addon is using this library and is outdated.
03/14/19, 03:49 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

LibGarfield seems to be used to make sure that addons don't directly overwrite some shared resources and show a warning if they do. Unfortunately it seems it has a small design error and instead of showing the name of the addon at fault, it shows the name of the addon that has been loaded before that. If the first addon that gets loaded is overwriting the chat handler like in your case, it will instead show an empty string for the addon name.

So in other words, LibGarfield is there to warn about compatibility issues between your addons and LibChat3 is for authors to use so they are compatible between each other.

You can edit libGarfield.lua and try to replace "lName" with "addOnName". Then it should print which addon overwrites the chat handler.
03/14/19, 04:21 PM   #6
Kiksadi
Sorry this is my first time ever posting here and didn't know how it worked and was caught off guard, but I understand.

I have the LibChat3 library add-on installed. I'll try those suggestions out, thank you both!
03/15/19, 03:56 PM   #7
Kiksadi
I figured out finally which add-on is the problem. I don't know how to fix it so I've disabled it since it wasn't mega important. This one was the issue:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...tMentions.html
03/27/19, 12:23 PM   #8
Raujok
Exclamation

Hey all,

have the same problem too. but i donīt use this addon "ChatMentions".

i got this msg also with only pchat + libchat3 + libgarfield activated.

Maybe someone can help to find the problem

Greetings,
Raujok
06/02/19, 10:41 AM   #9
Coorbin
Originally Posted by Kiksadi View Post
I figured out finally which add-on is the problem. I don't know how to fix it so I've disabled it since it wasn't mega important. This one was the issue:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...tMentions.html
Hi there,

I'm the author of ChatMentions. You can always post a question to the forum thread associated with any of my addons on ESOUI.com, or send me a private message, to get help with my addons.

This issue has since been fixed in ChatMentions; that warning message is turned off in my version of libGarfield. Of course, if you have libGarfield installed via another addon, and that version gets used, you may still see the warning. The warning is displayed because you have other addons using older versions of libChat, not because ChatMentions is out of date.
06/02/19, 10:42 AM   #10
Coorbin
Originally Posted by Raujok View Post
Hey all,

have the same problem too. but i donīt use this addon "ChatMentions".

i got this msg also with only pchat + libchat3 + libgarfield activated.

Maybe someone can help to find the problem

Greetings,
Raujok
libGarfield has a bug right now, causing that message to be displayed, and it needs to be fixed in a release of libGarfield. Feel free to poke Provision about this if this really bothers you, but it's only a warning message -- your addons will continue to work even if the message displays.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Prov's libGarfield?