04/24/14, 01:25 PM   #1
CheapTrickster
ESO addons setup.

To set up your ESO addons, is simply done, with in Windows. Simply download your add-on, then add it to you ESO AddOn folder. Typically you'll find your ESO AddOn folder, C:\Users\*Your User Name*\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns. It should look something like that.

Launch ESO, log in, at the character selection screen, you'll find a AddOns option. Click it, to show your add-ons. You can toggle them on and off, from here. If there are broken AddOns, simply toggle it off.
04/24/14, 02:01 PM   #2
Errc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is really helpful. Thanks!
04/24/14, 02:08 PM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
For those using the eu server would be using the liveeu ( I believe ) folder rather than live.
04/24/14, 02:30 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
For those using the eu server would be using the liveeu ( I believe ) folder rather than live.
You are correct. I really need to get that added to the FAQ.

[Edit] Fixed the FAQ to refer to the 'liveeu' folder path when applicable

Last edited by Cairenn : 04/24/14 at 02:54 PM.
04/24/14, 03:47 PM   #5
stjobe

Originally Posted by CheapTrickster View Post
To set up your ESO addons, is simply done, with in Windows. Simply download your add-on, then add it to you ESO AddOn folder.
You actually have to unzip it as well (the zip file should contain a folder named after the addon that contains all the addon files, this folder should go into your addon folder).

Just putting the downloaded zip into the addon folder doesn't do anything (AFAIK, haven't actually tested it ).
04/27/14, 08:19 AM   #6
babafats
I just got the game yesterday and apparently need help, because I can't for the life of me find this 'live' folder anywhere in my ESO directory. What's wrong here?
04/27/14, 08:35 AM   #7
Stormknight

Originally Posted by babafats View Post
I just got the game yesterday and apparently need help, because I can't for the life of me find this 'live' folder anywhere in my ESO directory. What's wrong here?
Check your "my documents" folder in windows and look for the elder scrolls folder in it.
04/30/14, 07:10 AM   #8
stjobe

Originally Posted by babafats View Post
ESO installs into two different directories, the game directory and the settings directory.

The path to the game directory is likely to be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online

But that's not where the addons live, they live in the settings directory. The path to the settings directory should be something like
C:\Users\<YourComputerUserName>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\<live OR liveeu>

The AddOn folder doesn't necessarily exist, you might have to create it before you can add any addons to it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » ESO addons setup.