04/04/21, 12:10 AM   #1
Alixen
Turn off Quest Updates and Gold/XP updates on kills?

Hey there. I take an ungodly amount of screenshots to chart my characters journey through ESO. I've managed to basically eliminate the UI totally from my game with a mishmash of Addons while retaining dialog and dialog subtitles.

Except, whenever I reach a new quest stage (TALK TO NPC, TALK TO NPC COMPLETED, SKILL LINE ADVANCEMENT, YOU STEPPED ON AN ANT), or kill an enemy, I've had countless screenshots I would have liked to keep ruined. I've even repeated quests multiple times just to get screenshots again; The Mages guild seems especially brutal as every time I try and get a snap of Shalidor saying something, the quest is updating.

Examples: https://imgur.com/a/zuOwZp0

I dread reaching Morrowind, because the quests are massively long, so if I "miss" any shots I really want it's a good hour or two of re-doing the quest to get back to that point, and the lighting may well have totally changed, so if I'm feeling particularly obsessive it could be an entire day cycle until the time of day and weather matches. I also dread reaching Champion Points on the main characters I'm doing this on, as it will be notifying me every 100k xp.

Does anyone know of any addons I'm missing that could kill these last elements that are making my time/main hobby in ESO an exercise in frustration please?
04/04/21, 06:01 AM   #2
Psiioniic
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know an addon specifically for this, maybe Azurah can do it: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...eEnhanced.html

otherwise as a temporary hack this might help for the loot/xp messages at least:

Code:
/script ZO_LootHistory_Shared.DisplayLootQueue = function() return end

Last edited by Psiioniic : 04/04/21 at 06:03 AM.
04/04/21, 06:34 AM   #3
Alixen
Originally Posted by Psiioniic View Post
I don't know an addon specifically for this, maybe Azurah can do it: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...eEnhanced.html

otherwise as a temporary hack this might help for the loot/xp messages at least:

Code:
Thanks for the quick response, I'll try out Azurah and report back.

Appreciate the line of script but, uh, what do I actually do with it? I've never touched scripting in my life but I'm willing to try if it's simple and saves combat/'kill' shots where I forgot to quickly toggle the UI off.
04/04/21, 07:33 AM   #4
Alixen
Thank you very, very much Psiioniic, you've saved probably hundreds or even thousands of future screenshots from the recycle bin and myself from a lot of frustration. Both elements can be 'shrunk' to 0% scale, thus becoming basically invisible with Azurah. You honestly have no idea quite how much this means to me, lol. Again, thank you for directing me to it.
04/04/21, 09:41 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...teUIHider.html

Try if his helps, it names "quest npc" as 1 thing to hide.

I was using this addon to help for screenshots, in the past:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...hotHelper.html
04/04/21, 10:28 PM   #6
OneSkyGod
I have made a list of useful AddOns for immersive play you will probably find 1 or two that you can try out.
Here is the link

Immersion guide
04/05/21, 02:25 AM   #7
remosito
hitchhiking

kinda related....

anybody knows if zos uses a standardized name (in api, for functions) for that quest update queue that displays in the middle of the screen (well for me at least)?

Been turning in 2500 master writs and the queue display is way to slow. Would be neat to be able to overwrite the function and either speed it up or at least filter out all/most/some of the master writ udpates.

"Deliver Armor/Weapon" for example.

tried to google but somehow always end up with stuff that touches the notification screen/tab. The one that tells you when you learned a new motif and you have to click it away....

Last edited by remosito : 04/05/21 at 04:10 AM.
04/05/21, 03:04 AM   #8
Alixen
Originally Posted by OneSkyGod View Post
I have made a list of useful AddOns for immersive play you will probably find 1 or two that you can try out.
Here is the link

Immersion guide
Thanks, I'm going to have a look at Bandits User Interface for the ability to 'turn off' other players. Nothing ruins a cutscene of Vivec like someone running up standing up against him. I never imagined there would be a solution to that.
04/05/21, 09:10 AM   #9
Alixen
I spoke a teensy bit too soon on Azurah. While nearly perfect, the 'xp' numbers are still showing up despite the UI element being invisible. I could have sworn I wasn't getting the numbers yesterday, but I must just have not noticed them.

How would I implement "/script ZO_LootHistory_Shared.DisplayLootQueue = function() return end" please? Or would someone be kind enough to do so/make it it's own micro-addon please? I would really appreciate it.

https://imgur.com/a/VAXbt4T

Edit: Actually, I recall getting an error related to xp when I tried Bandits earlier (sadly Khajiit mode was spotty, so I uninstalled it), is there a chance something somewhere got reset due to the error/conflict and that's why I can see the numbers now? I'm 95% sure when I was ecstatic over the XP/Loot bars being gone and running around testing it I would have noticed the numbers still being there.

Last edited by Alixen : 04/05/21 at 10:14 AM.
04/05/21, 01:16 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Enter this into the chat edit box:
Code:
And press the return key.

If it works it will overwrite the original function DisplayLootQueue with an empty one (doing nothing) and you wouldn't see it anymore.

If you got any addon where you would like to add it check these addon's .lua files for EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED.
The line would be something like this (where MyAddonName is the name of the addon's folder/txt file):
Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("MyAddonName", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, functionName)
Search the functioName in the lua files and it will look like this e.g.

Lua Code:
  1. function functionName(eventId, addonName)
  2.    if addonName == "MyAddonName" then
  3.       ...
  4.      EVENT_MANAGER:UnregisterForEvent("MyAddonName", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED)
  5.      --Add the script code here "without the /script at the start"
  6.     ZO_LootHistory_Shared.DisplayLootQueue = function() return end
  7.    end
  8. end
04/06/21, 03:01 AM   #11
Alixen
Thanks, I really appreciate you going into that for me. I'll try and find one of my existing addons to slip it onto.
04/06/21, 09:01 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can also use this template and add it in there so you got a standalone addon for that usecase:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...nTemplate.html

You can search and replace all file names and folder names and file contents and change "NewAddon" to e.g. "MyHideXp" or similar. Should make it "unique" in your addon list and easier to find then.
04/06/21, 02:03 PM   #13
Alixen
Thanks once again, that makes it extremely easy.
04/15/22, 03:47 AM   #14
remosito
Originally Posted by remosito View Post
kinda related....

anybody knows if zos uses a standardized name (in api, for functions) for that quest update queue that displays in the middle of the screen (well for me at least)?

Been turning in 2500 master writs and the queue display is way to slow. Would be neat to be able to overwrite the function and either speed it up or at least filter out all/most/some of the master writ udpates.

"Deliver Armor/Weapon" for example.

tried to google but somehow always end up with stuff that touches the notification screen/tab. The one that tells you when you learned a new motif and you have to click it away....
to answer my own question:

it's the following ZO_CenterScreenAnnounce_GetEventHandlers()

EVENT_QUEST_ADDED,
EVENT_QUEST_COMPLETE,
EVENT_QUEST_CONDITION_COUNTER_CHANGED,
EVENT_QUEST_OPTIONAL_STEP_ADVANCED,

plus most likely: EVENT_OBJECTIVE_COMPLETED
04/28/22, 12:11 PM   #15
MarcusUK
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...p?id=2660#info Lootdrop Reborn - has an option to turn off default loot history, and then just disable the addon from showing any kind of history too.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Turn off Quest Updates and Gold/XP updates on kills?