05/02/14, 10:26 PM   #1
mikethecoder4
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Detect when you've taken a keep

So I want to detect when you've taken a keep. This is dissimilar from some addons that show you when a keep has been taken. I want to detect specifically when you have taken a keep (IE your on the flag. Basically if you have the Countinuous assault passive from the assault tree, whenever you get that buff I want to detect.)

Right now I have registered the OBJECTIVE_CONTROL_STATE event, and have figured out what some of the parameters mean.

my function looks like so atm (mostly a debug function)

Code:
function SC_G.ObjectiveControlState(self, objectiveKeepId, objectiveObjectiveId, battlegroundContext, objectiveName, objectiveType, objectiveControlEvent, objectiveControlState, objectiveParam1, objectiveParam2)

if objectiveControlEvent == OBJECTIVE_CONTROL_EVENT_CAPTURED or objectiveControlEvent == OBJECTIVE_CONTROL_EVENT_RECAPTURED  then 
d("keep captured")
		d(objectiveKeepId, objectiveObjectiveId, objectiveName,battlegroundContext, objectiveType, "removed control state and event", objectiveParam1, objectiveParam2)
	end
end
I still have no clue what battlegroundContext and objectiveParam2 mean. I have pretty much figured out the rest. This function seems to fire whenever a keep is changed. Is there any way to also detect if you were there when the keep was taken. objectiveParam2 seems to always be 0, and battleGroundContext seems to be 3 when in my home campaign, and either 2 or 1 when in a guest campaign (no clue why)

Perhaps there is another event that would suit me better.

Anyone have any clue how I would detect when you get a seige? I would really rather avoid having to deternmine your position and see if you are close enough to the flag to get points.

EDIT: FIgured it out. I should be using the Capture area status event.

Last edited by mikethecoder4 : 05/03/14 at 12:02 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Detect when you've taken a keep