05/05/14, 12:27 PM   #1
pulse4J
help with sending keystrokes

Hi,

I was unable to find this using google and searching the forums, but is there any way just to send a keystroke?

For example on a certain condition, I want the addon to send the "1" keystroke for example, acting just as if I'm physically pressing 1 on the keyboard normally.

thanks!
05/05/14, 12:33 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I doubt it will be possible as they would want you to be physically pressing those buttons rather than automating it. For what reason would you be wanting to sit at your computer looking at the screen but not actually push buttons ?

Last edited by Xrystal : 05/05/14 at 01:19 PM.
05/05/14, 12:59 PM   #3
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I highly doubt this kind of option is available. It never was in WOW and they also used Lua. You may not intend to do any harm with it but others would exploit it to make Botting easier and automate combat. Automated combat would give someone exploiting a feature like this an unfair advantage over other players. Using it as a Botting exploit would allow you to perform nearly any action as long as the condition was met. Botters would exploit this to do all sorts of things that would be discouraging to other players. Such as farming and camping bosses.
05/05/14, 01:26 PM   #4
pulse4J
Thx for the feedback

Thx Sharlikran, that makes sense.

Thx Xrystal,
My idea was to activate skills using a different interface. I buttons 1-5 are all mapped differently to different people, so I thought sending the keystrokes would simplify the programming a bit... but I guess that make sense about bots and exploits. I suspected that might be the case, but just wanted to double-check.

Last edited by pulse4J : 05/05/14 at 01:34 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » help with sending keystrokes