11/19/19, 11:04 AM   #1
symmas
Question How can I get Quest Map working with DLC areas?

I'm having issues with Quest Map, it doesn't seem to be working with any DLC areas. I've been wanting to go through and do a bunch of questing lately but not knowing where on earth the quests are is making it difficult, especially with the annoying terrain in the DLC areas.

Does anyone know how to make Quest Map work with DLC areas? I haven't been able to find another add-on that does the same thing as it does. I went ahead and disabled every single add-on other than Quest Map to make sure nothing was interfering and, indeed, it only shows quests in non-DLC areas.

If anyone knows of an alternative add-on, an additional add-on that completes Quest Maps by showing quest data for DLC areas, or just knows of some way I can fix the issue then you'd have my appreciation for helping me out.

Thanks for your time.
11/19/19, 11:16 AM   #2
AnonymousStranger
It has nothing to do with your other add-ons. Quest map hasn't been updated in quite a while for the more recent dlc areas. I believe it works in Orsinium. Until someone If anyone decides to take over the Quest map add-on and update it, there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. Will just have to rely on the in game compass which does show Quest markers.

I just finished up Morrowind, which doesn't work with Quest map either. Did just fine with the in game compass and quest markers.

Good luck.
11/19/19, 07:33 PM   #3
symmas
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger View Post
It has nothing to do with your other add-ons. Quest map hasn't been updated in quite a while for the more recent dlc areas. I believe it works in Orsinium. Until someone If anyone decides to take over the Quest map add-on and update it, there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. Will just have to rely on the in game compass which does show Quest markers.

I just finished up Morrowind, which doesn't work with Quest map either. Did just fine with the in game compass and quest markers.

Good luck.
Was afraid that was going to be the answer. Well, thanks! I appreciate your time.
11/20/19, 03:48 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could try the Destinations addon, maybe it got the quest data.
11/20/19, 08:57 AM   #5
Shadowfen
Destinations addon has a setting you can turn on to see where quest givers can be found on the map.
11/20/19, 09:55 PM   #6
AnonymousStranger
Sadly destinations doesn't have the data either. I have both Quest map and Destinations, quest data has not been added to destinations since the launch of One Tamriel. I'd be surprised if either of them get the Quest Data added for the all new areas.
11/20/19, 10:03 PM   #7
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Yeah. I really wish Destinations would get an update for missing quests.
11/21/19, 05:51 AM   #8
AnonymousStranger
Same here. Someone has to actually provide the data for the missing quests. The quests have to be done with an add-on that can log them and then upload them or give it to the add-on Creator and they do whatever. Until someone does that...
11/21/19, 11:32 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You need to use Destinations to collect the new quest data. Inside Destinations settings you need to enable the collecting of quest data first in order to save new found quests to the SavedVariables of Destinations.

After you found new quests you need to run this tool to get the collected quest data from the SavedVariables and then provide these to the author.
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...Extractor.html

He needs to update the data into destinations internal tables then.
As SnowmanDK is not active anymore as it seems I guess send data was just not updated (if any was still sent).
In the end this takes a lof of time and I'm pretty sure noone is doing this anymore because of this reason

But I also ask myself: Whatfor do I need to see the quests on the maps?
If I run around, I find them as well. And there are websites having nearly all quest data as well (UESP e.g. and others) where you can have a look. It takes time, yeah, same problem here

Btw.
I think QuestMap works the same only that the author himself maybe collected the data and did not let the users collect them. This is only a guess as I'm not aware of any ingame API functions to collect all quests of a zone AND their positions on the map!

Last edited by Baertram : 11/21/19 at 11:34 AM.
11/21/19, 12:00 PM   #10
Micke2nd
Quest map has a additional addon "quest map scout", to collect this data.
It has a good concept, therefore I already thought about to write a merger.
But currently I prefer to play instead of code also after the job.

for what ? yes this has no critical need, e.g. just to check, have you indeed cleared the zone ^^

Last edited by Micke2nd : 11/21/19 at 12:29 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How can I get Quest Map working with DLC areas?